Chapter 14: Am I Immortal?

Syrena sat down on her bed in her room. She flipped through the pages of her fathers story book, looking at the pictures and skimming through some of the lines.

"Syrena...."

Syrena looked up from her book and turned around. She saw no on behind her. She swore she heard Nuada whisper her name, maybe she was just hearing things. She shrugged and went back to her book. At the back of the book Syrena found some tearing. Who ripped the last pages out? The alarms went off sending her thoughts away. She put her book down and went out the door and dashed down the hall to Abe's.

When Syrena got there everyone was in a big crowd blocking the door way and keeping her from seeing what was going on inside.She pushed the men in suits away and when she got to the front she saw her brother fall to the floor.Syrena froze as she saw who was behind him. How the hell did Nuada get here?Her brother got up from the floor slowly, out of breath.

"Abe..."

"I'm sorry Red,but their linked." Abe said.

Syrena felt herself getting shoved to the side as Liz came out from the crowd.

"Red."

"Liz."

"RED BEHIND YOU!" Liz yelled.

What happened next Syrena was not prepared for. As her brother turned around Nuada stabbed him in his chest by his heart with his spear/sword. Syrena stood there, her legs frozen.

"You may have mused in the past. 'Am I Immortal?'"Nuada said before twisting his weapon out of her brothers chest.

"Nuala.."

Her brother fell to the ground and Syrena ran to his side along with Liz to his aid. His eyes kept opening and closing. Syrena looked down at him and slapped his face trying to keep him awake.

"Abraham. A lot people have died for this crown piece,and he will too. If you want to save him and see her again. You will find the missing piece and bring it to me. Syrena.."

She looked up and met the eyes of Nuada's her eyes getting blurry.

"I hope to see you there."

Syrena blinked her eyes and when she opened them she found Nuada was gone and her brother fell unconscious.