Chapter 16: Bethmora

Syrena land the plane and unbuckled herself. She opened the door and jumped out,landing on the soft green grass.Syrena stepped away from the plane and walked around.It was sunny, she could hear the waves clashing against the rocks from down below.

She looked at the big rocks that were up ahead. There was a creaking sound that was sound followed with the sound of a bell.Syrena turned around the looked down. There was a goblin, the top part of his body was there and the bottom gone replaced with a wooden carrier with wheels. He had to use wooden like crutches to move.

"Hello!Can I help you,stranger?" He asked rather friendly.

"I need to get to Bethromra." Syrena said.

"What would a girl like you want to go to a place like that,hmm?" he asked.

"It's my home, and I need to find a way to help my brother."

"Say..what's your name?"

"Syrena,Daughter of Queen Milena Juriko." Syrena said sad but proud.

"Queen Juriko of the Siren..your mother was respected by all.I am sorry you lost her at such a young age your highness." he said.

"Can you open the passage please?" She asked not wanting to waste time.

The troll nods his head and pulls out a whistle and blows on it.The ground shakes as a big stone hand goes up and them another.A man like rock gets up as a door appears on its chest.The ground stops shaking. The troll goes first and Syrena followed behind him. They get inside and it was dark.

"What was it you were looking for again?" The troll asked.

"Something to help my brother...did anyone else come here?" Syrena asked.

"None that I can recall."

The darkness turned into light and Syrena looked around. They were here in Bethromra.

"My home."

There was a noise coming from behind and Syrena turned around.She looked towards the troll.

"Who else is here?!" Syrena asked.

"I'm sorry, princess. He wanted me to do as he asked or he'd kill me."

Before Syrena could ask another question she was hit in the head. The trolls apologetic eyes were the last thing she saw before she blacked out.

¸.•*¨*'•¸.•*¨*'•.

Syrena opened her eyes as she found her self in a golden room. She touched the back of her head that was aching. She lifted up her other hand but found it chained to the bed she was on. She struggled,trying to brake it her wrist turning red as they dig deep in her skin.

"Stop, before you hurt yourself."

Syrena looked up and saw Nuala. She was wearing red,gold and almost a tan like color dress. Nuala ran over and pulled Syrena in a hug.

"Nuala! Are you alright? Did Nuada hurt you?" Syrena asked

"I'm fine. What are you doing here?"

"I needed to find a way to save my brother. And-"

"To stop my brother?"

Syrena hesitated before giving her answer.

"Yes." Syrena said.

She knew which side she was on, but she couldn't but feel upset about going against Nuada.

"Help me get out of this chain and we can get out of here." Syrena said.

"Your not going anywhere."

Both ladies looked up, Nuala in worry us she got up from her spot on the bed. Nuada stood in front of them wearing something similar to what Nuala had but more for a man.

"Brother,please. Let her go." Nuala said.

"I will." Nuada said, his eyes drifting to Syrena. "Unless...she wants to stay."

Syrena looked down, her gaze on her lap. She felt a hand under her chin and lifted her head making her look up.

"Your choice,princess." Nuada said.

Syrena opened her mouth but quickly closed it. What did she want? To stay here or leave?If she stayed there would be no doubt that her brother and the others would come. As long as Nuada didn't have the last piece he couldn't awaken the army yet.

"I want to stay."

Nuala had an shocked expression on her face as her eyes went wide. Nuada just smirked satisfied with her answer. Syrena looked to the side and felt the chain loosen on her wrist before it was taken off completely. She rubbed her wrist.

"My brother will be here soon. He'll stop you."

"How could you be so sure? Before he even get to me he will collapse, and die." Nuada said.

"Because of you! You didn't have to stab him!"

"He went up against me."

"He was stupid,like he is always. He was drunk!"

"But yet you did nothing to stop me or him when you had the chance!"

"Enough!"Nuala said silencing them both. She went and stood by Syrena.

"Abraham won't bring you the crown piece,he doesn't know where it is." Nuala said.

"If he is as smart as you then I say he'll find it." Nuada said.

"Are you sure Syrena is here?"

Syrena had snapped up. She looked towards the opened door. 'Brother' Syrena thought. He sound well, better than he had before.His voice sound distant in here ears but she could tell he would soon be close by. Syrena grabbed Nuala hand and jumped off the bed, running out the door.

Syrena pushed Nuala in front as they start to run down the long golden hall. They only made it a few feet before Syrena was grabbed from behind. She screamed,her voice bouncing off the walls as she started to hit the arms that were wrapped around her waist tightly.

Nuala turned around and stopped at the sound of her friends screams and runs back to help.

Syrena kicks and screams,her body squirming trying to get free out of Nuada's arms as he starts walking back.

"NUADA LET ME GO! LET ME GO RIGHT NOW!" Syrena yelled.

Nuala appeared in front of them in seconds.

"Let her go!" Nuala said.

"NUALA GO TO ABE, RUN NUAL-"

Nuada put his hand over Syrena's mouth stoping her from finishing her sentence.

"Come back with me to the room." Nuada said.

Nuala nods her head while Syrena shakes hers. Nuada walks back to the room and throws Syrena back on the bed. The chain gets once again wrapped on her wrist. Nuala tries to run towards her but Nuada grabs her arm dragging her out the door.

"Syrena!"

"Nuala!"

The door slams shut and locks. Syrena can hear their foot steps fading away. She fought against the chain, pulling and tugging. She has to get to Nuala and her brother.She had to get free.