Chapter 8: Knocked Out

Brooklyn Bridge 03:30 HRS

The team along with a few BPRD agents were stationed underneath the Brooklyn bridge. Most were unloading equipment and putting cameras on the street to see if they could possibly catch a troll that could lead them to the market. Syrena sat on a crate sharping her arrowheads to a point while her brother was standing up leaning his arm against her leg grumbling to himself.

"Not with me agent." Hell Boy mocked Krauss. Syrena smirked and laughed silently to herself.

The young siren could tell her dear brother didn't really like this Krauss character at all. But he never like his previous DA from before. She remembered that humans name. It was Myres. She had heard her brother sent him of to Antarctica after him and Liz got together.

"What an ego." Hell Boy mumbles.

"I like him." Manny walks past them and Syrena growled before putting her arrows away.

"Well you can keep him!"

Jumping off the box she begins to walk around their small setup and watch the people work and move around her. As time passed she wished to not have to stay here any longer with these people. Maybe she could sneak up to the highest roof top and leave. But then her brother would heart broken. Hell Boy would do anything to make her stay.

But cooperating with the B.P.R.D. and under Manning wasn't something. Kicking a rock from the side walk she lifted her head and looked up at the night sky.

"Hey, you're Hellboy?!"

Syrena turned her head and saw two humans talking to her brother. A smile graced his face.

"Yeah."

"You're ugly man." Is said before an empty can of beer is thrown at his head. Syrena hands balled in a fist as she watched the two walk away. She felt a hand on her shoulder and saw Abe looking at her then at the two men then back at her.

"Dont let them get you fired up. I know how you feel."

"I hate how their kind thinks of my brother as nothing but a freak. He is but a kind man wrapped inside a red shell. And I hate how much he feels like to be accepted he has to look like them." Syrena said with venom in her voice.

"I really thought you wouldn't have agreed to helping us. I thought you would say no and go." Abe said.

"I couldn't leave,not yet. He thought I was dead and now that he knows I'm alive he will want me to stay. But I will leave as soon as this dilemma is over then I will be on my way." Syrena said.

"I know. He loves you a lot.And in the end in this crazy world all us freaks have is each other." he said before walking off.

Syrena decided she would tal a walk and went down a alley way with her hood on. She notice that leaning agansit the wall in the alley was the two men from earlier smoking some cigarets. She went passed them as she got a wolf whistle from behind her.

"Looking good sweet heart." one of them said.

"Pigs, I would gladly saluter them both." She whispered under her breath.

She turned the corner only to bump into a tall buff man. He had tattoos that covers his arm. His friends behind him looked up and started making their way towards him.

"Excuse me." Syrena said trying to get passed but he wouldn't move out of the way.

"Look at what we got here boys!"

"Ain't she pretty!"

"I asked nicely the first time.Move." Syrena said shoving the man out of her way with all her strength and he fell to the floor.

"That wasn't nice darling." one of them said taking out a knife as the others behind him started to come close to her in a circle.

Syrena felt a pain in her back as she fell to the floor. she looked up and saw one of the men had a base ball bat. All together they shall came at her,kicking or hitting her in the stomach, legs, or head. Her vision got blurry as she saw the man with the knife come up her.

"Nighty night." he said tasting the knife above his head.

There was a scream behind them and more as Syrena watched them being pulled into the darkness. the rest were scared as there was a roar. A figure dropped down in front of her and sliced the guy with the knifes throat out. She watched him fight and killed the remaining men until there were no more. The figure came over and picked Syrena up and carried her as he started walking. It wasn't long before she closed her eyes, her body still. Knocked out.