Chapter 36 : Whispers

Hell Boy made it back to the plane by the time the sun set over the land. Abe and the other agents were inside waiting for him, and Abe was the first to greet him.

"Red! Thank goodness! Where's Syrena, did you talk to her?" Abe asked.

"Let's go." Hell Boy said walking inside and siting in his seat like before.

Abe stared at his friend as the back door closed and they took off. Hell Boy slowly took something out of his pocket. It was Syrena's necklace. He grabbed it before leaving her body there. It was the last thing he had that belonged to her.

Abe took a seat next to him and looked at the ground as Hell Boy looked at the necklace. The dull jewel made the thing look as if it was hollow.

"The prophecy was right. After you...the Sirens and the golden army they all turned to dust. Almost like they were never there." Abe said.

Hello Boy stayed silent. Abe turned his head a little before opening his mouth.

"You did it didn't you, you killed her?" Abe asked quietly.

Hell Boy squeezed the jewel tightly.

"I didn't want too, Abe....you should have heard what she was saying. Her eyes were clouded with rage. She said that she would make the humans suffer. She could have hurt Liz if she wanted too."

Abe nods his heads his head. The rest if the way back home was quite. Abe and some of the other agents fell asleep while He stayed up. He kept looking down at the necklace before turning away and closing his eyes.

"Brother..."

Hell Boys eyes snapped open and looked around the room. He saw a purple glow coming from inside his closed hand and opened it. Syrena's necklace was glowing, pulsing before going back to its dimmed and dull state. He shook his head and but the necklace back in his pocket. Hell Boy tried to go to sleep but with no luck.

He kept waking up from the voice.

Her voice.

Like a thousand whispers.