Chapter 6: Tooth Fairies

Syrena had gotten all caught up with her brother and Abe, even meeting Red's girlfriend named Elizabeth but she was told to just call her Liz. She also found out that Liz was human the ability to control fire. As the four of them and the BPRD agents moved about she looked up and around, gaging silently as she got another whiff of the nasty odor that wafted through the air.

"Jeez it stinks in here. Smells worse then my room." Hellboy speaks up.

"You're right about that." Syrena says. Her brother gave her a look.

"You forget I've shared a room with you for many years, brother."

"How can I forget, Rina?"

"Don't call me that!" Her eyes flashed yellow in annoyance. The Red demon just snickers as she walked away from him and towards Abraham.

"Say cheese!" Abe said before taking a picture of the siren with the big weird camera he held and did the same to Liz.

"Let's go." Liz says, gun in hand.

Syrena took out her bow along with and arrow and started to look around with the agent that was apparently assigned to her. While scooping out the area she made sure to keep an eye on her brother from across the room every once and a while.

Her ears easily picked up sounds and voices, the steady breathing of everyone on the floor, which allowed her of not needing a communicator to hear what their small group was talking about.

"Whatever they called for is over. Got over 70 guess reported, we have no survivors, no bodies." Syrena heard Liz say.

"Same story here babe." Hellboy said.

"Don't call me babe." Liz said and Syrena smirked. Somebody got in trouble back at home.

"Abe I said! Abe, wrong channel." Hellboy said. Syrena looked towards her brother as he turned off to the side.

"Abe...I think Liz is still mad at me." he whispered.

"Still the same channel." Liz says and Syrena rolled her eyes.

"Oh."

They all continued to look around in groups. Syrena would hear things moving inside the walls, but when she looked back there was nothing. Syrena suddenly felt a cold breeze brush against her face and turned her head seeing that a window was open. No, not open. It was broken. She walked over to it and looked down. This must have been the window she fell out of. She remembered all that energy that went surging through her before she somehow pushed those small creatures off of her. The young siren  doesn't remember being able to do something like that before.

Her ears picked up the familiar little foot steps running through the wall again closest to her.

"Red, we have company." Abe says.

"Come on Abe give me something to work with here!"

"Foreign creatures."

"How many are there?"

"Many. There are no corpses because there are no leftovers. Have you noticed the floor?"

Syrena looked down at her boots and saw the mushy substance that was in the floor. She lift up her foot and the nasty mush came up with it.

"Aw crap!" Syrena and Hellboy spoke at the same time.

"Precisely. All these things do is eat,and eat,poop, and eat again." Abe says.

"Remind you of anyone?" Liz asked. Syrena looks over at Hellboy.

"What?" The demon asked and she just shrugged. There was a small noise behind her and she quickly aimed an loaded arrow at the wall, pulling out another and  following the noises throughout the wood and plaster.