Chapter 18: Nightmares

Manhattan,5 months later.

It was night,2:30 am to be exact. Syrena tossed and turned in her bed. She was having an nightmare like she always did since she Nuada died. Syrena opened her eyes and sighed. If she tried to go back to sleep she would just get Nightmares again. Pulling her covers off she got up out of her bed making her way towards her new painting easel.

She grabbed a pencil out lining her drawing before painting. She felt a presence and turned around and found no one. Syrena turned back to her drawing.

Syrena...

Syrena stopped.Not Again.She started to draw faster hoping the sound of her pencil running across the paper would drown out the soft voice,but as always it got louder.

Syrena..

Ignore it

Syrena..

She slammed her pencil down and put her head in her hands.

Syrena..

"STOP!" Syrena yelled clutching her head.

The voice just continued, calling her name. She ran into her bathroom and closed the door. Turning on the sink,Syrena splashed water on her face,golden scales showing underneath her pale skin. She looked at her self in the mirror. She looked tired yet she didn't sleep. Grabbing a towel she dried off her face.

Syrena

Looking up in the mirror she jumped and turned around. Nuada stood behind her his breathing heavy.

"Syrena.."

"Nuada.."

Syrena grabbed his face making sure he was real before throwing her self onto him. She hold onto him scared if she let go he would leave. She pulled back and kissed him,but she didn't feel his soft lips. Only rock. She pulled back and saw he was a statue and started to crack before turning into dust in her arms. Syrena let out a scream and dropped down onto her bathroom floor.

Syrena woke up a sob coming from her lips.These dreams just kept on getting. worse.Looking up at the ceiling, pictures if Nuada hand up. All that she had took her time to make. Why did she make them and hang them up on her ceiling? To torture her? To keep showing her what she lost? Maybe both. She sat up in her bed and put her knees up to her chest and started to cry.

"Nuada."