Chapter 12: Just A Jumping Bean

Images of Wink's death still fresh in Syrena's mind. They were standing outside of the second entranced that lead to the troll market. Dead pigs handed up from the ceiling. Syrena faced her back to the others, head held high. Her eyes would turn yellow, back to brown, and yellow again. Claws coming out, then retracting. Fangs growing, and shrinking back. Her emotions were going wild, her body shaking. If she wasn't holding her self together like she was now, if someone were to say her name or touched her she would break and kill every single person in this room.

"To wage war my brother needs this." Nuala said taking off the golden piece that was on her dress and showing it to them all, except Syrena who didn't dear turn to look.

"The final piece of the crown of Bethromra. And this map of the location of the golden army camber." Nuala continued pointing to the cilnder that was in Abe's hand.

'The last crown piece. Of course she would have it. So Wink wasn't after Abe he was after Nuala. And Abe got in this mess, probably trying to protect Nuala and that's why Wink was going to kill him.' Syrena thought.

"Your highness, would you hand over the crown piece to us-"

"No. Where it goes, I go. My father died to up hold the truce with your world. You must honor his noble intentions." Nuala said to Kraus.

"The lady's in dire danger." Abe said.

"I take it your vouching for her, Agent Sapein?"

"Most intactly, yes I am." Abe said

'Abe's vouching for Nuala. Should have see that one coming.' Syrena thought.

"Even so I am sorry. But we simply can't assume which such responsibility on our own." Kraus said.

Syrena couldn't believe him! Sudenly Syrena appears in front of Kraus making him stop walking away. Her eyes start flashing vigorously.

"She just lost her father! What more do you want?!" Syrena asked angrily.

"You may not care! But there are rules, and little hand books-"

Syrena growls as Hell boy blows smoke in Kraus's face. She can't even look at her brother. If she did she would see Wink.

"She's coming with us. You got that gas bag?" Hell boy said to Kraus.

"Wha-what did you just call me?" Kraus asked.

"You!"

They all turned and see Nuada. Syrena felt her heart skip a beat. She looked to the side expecting to see Wink there but he wasn't. He was gone. A small sob escaped her lips as Syrena turned her gaze to the floor, her eyes getting blurry from new tears forming.

"You will pay for what happened to my friend down there." Nuada said.

"Yeah, right." Hell boy takes out his gun. " You take checks?"

"Demon. Born from a womb of shadows, sent to destroy their world, and you still believe you belong." Nuada said.

"Our we gonna talk all night? Cause' I'm really sleepy." Hell boy said.

Syrena lifts up her head and sees Nuada smirk before taking something out of his pocket. It looks like a golden metal egg.

"No brother! No!" Nuala said.

The egg starts to open up and Syrena sees the green, glowing bean in the middle, she can hear its fast pulse beating. 'Oh shit.' Syrena thought as she noticed what it was. Nuada took the bean out and brought it to his lips.

"Kill him." Nuada whispered before throwing it at Hell boy and it past his shoulder landing on the wet ground behind him. It start jumping around moving closer to the drain.

"It's just a jumping bean!" Hell boy said.

Syrena face palms. This is the reason why she didn't watch tv growing up as a kid.

"It's going for water! Hurry!" Nuala said looking at Abe.

Abe goes after the bean, trying to grab it but fails miserably. Finally the bean falls down into the drain as it lands in water.

"Well poop. We're screwed." Syrena mutters under her breath.

She turns around to find Nuada gone. She looks back at the group who was to busy watching the ground shake as Syrena ran and jumped on a building, running away from the scene.

¸.•*¨*'•. ¸.•*¨*'•.

Syrena sat on top of a roof of a very tall building feet hanging over the edge. She watched the destruction being caused by the elemental. It's screeches shaking the building. Throwing helicopters and smashing cars.Poor thing. The last of its kind. To bad it wouldn't last long. Knowing her brother, he would stop it.

And when she said 'stop it' she really mentioned he would kill it, like how he killed Wink. A stray tear slip through her eye and when she went to wipe it off her cheek another hand did. She looked to the side in surprise as Nuada came an sat down next to her.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Nuada asked looking at the big forest god.

"Yes. I've read about them...bit never seen one in real life." Syrena said.

"Why are you crying, princess?" he asked.

"You know, trying to get I've the fact that my brother killed my friend and I watched him die right before my eyes." Syrena said Turing her head back to the city. She touched her necklace feeling the power coming off of it, but it was warm.

"But I can't. I can't even look at him. If I do I'll see Wink....he didn't have to die. I tried to save him. Didn't have to die..he could have walked away."

Syrena started to sob again. Nuada just watched her. Suddenly Syrena was pulled into Nuada's arms and her head laid on his chest. She didn't know why she felt so comfortable around him. She just did. They both watched the destruction below as Syrena eyes started to fluter close, tired from all that had happened. Nuada noticed this and started sooth his hand through her hair.

"Don't worry, he will pay for what he has done to Wink. I promise you, Syrena." Nuada said.

He kissed her head and picked her up in his arms. Dropping down from the building grace fully and laid her inside the garbage truck before leaving.