Chapter 7: Johanna Kraus

Syrena and the others were all called down to the front and only elevator to wait and soon meet her brothers new DA. Everyone was there and present, except for Hellboy. Who of course would be taking his time. Syrena was standing on one side by Abraham, starring off into space. Snapping out of it when hearing agents getting shoved from behind her. Her brother finally made an appearance and came to stand next to her.

"Is he here?" Hell Boy asked. Syrena shakes her head.

"Not yet."

"I'm telling you, we dont need this guy." Hellboy says to Manning who was looking down at the DA's file.

"Well I think we do. This guy is kinda the big shot in Washington." Manny said.

"What's his name?" Hellboy asked reaching for the file but Manning moved it from his grasp.

"His name is Johann Krauss."

"Johann Krauss? Sounds German." Her brother trying to grab the file again but Manning pulled it away.

"He's the top man in Ecto-Ecto..."

"Ectoplasmic." Abe said to Hellboy as Manning seem to stumble with the word.

The elevator began to descend down and they all turned their direction towards it.

"I don't like Germans." Hellboy says.

"Here he comes." Liz said.

"Germans make me nervous." Red then whispered to Syrena and she playfully nudged him in the side.

The elevator comes to a full stop and lands on the floor, locking in place. There's heavy footsteps as the D.A. steps out and Syrena's jaw dropped. There was a man—a being that looked like a bag full of smoke, a glass doom on top with smoke swirling around as his head.

"Oh. My. God." Manny said.

"Johanna Krauss at you're service." The man said bowing at them all before coming back up.

"I like him." Abe said. Syrena and Hellboy turn and give him an identical look to which the fish man looks at the two as if saying "what?".

¸.•*¨*'•. ¸.•*¨*'•. ¸

The small team had all moved into a room that held a dead tooth fairie on a medical tray in the middle of the table they were currently standing around. Syrena watched as Mr Krauss brown metal fingers tap along the tray, looking down at the thing in sadness.

"Look at that, poor little thing. Bought and sold in the black market, crammed in to cargo containers, smuggled, abused." Krauss says.

"The seal on the box worries me also." Abe says while handing him a picture of the box from the auction that held the tooth fairies.

"A warrior gantlet."

"Yes, from the Bethromra Clan, the Sons of the Earth.

Bethromra...sounds oddly familiar. 'You know nothing about me and my family?' Nuadas voice rang in her ears. Syrena felt a nudge on her arm and saw everyone looking at her.

"What?"

"My dear, tell me, does this look familiar to you?" Krauss asked.

Syrena looked at the picture in his hands of the symbol and remembered when Nuada brought out the box. But there was another place were she remembered it. Maybe in a book?

"No. I don't."

"We'll then we should see what out little friend here has to say."

Syrena thought back to the seal and the crown piece. She still didn't understand why Nuada wanted the piece, but he says that she does. Along with saying that they've met before. The siren would have definitely remembered a face like his.

"Look." Abe whispered making Syrena break out of her train of thought.

The tooth fairy was now up and alive again. She understood that it was Krauss who'd brought it back to life, since she had the chance to read his file and also with what Abe told her.

"Now I have full control of its limbic system, let us see how long I can hold it." Krauss says.

The tooth fairy went towards Hellboy, talking in an unknown langue, pointing at him.

"What?!" Her brother asked. The tooth fairy continued to point at him.

"Hey, you crewed on the tip of my tail! Yeah you, you little-"

"It says you're rude, brutish, and not very bright." Krauss says.

"Wow. It's got you down perfectly brother." Syrena said and Hellboy glared at her and she smiled, one of her fangs showing.

"It seems our little friend remembers market sounds and voice, and troll language spoken in the last place his cage was bought. The troll market!"

"The troll market. No ones ever found it." Liz speaks up looking down at the small creature.

"That's cause it doesn't exist!" Hellboy said.

The tooth fairy speaks before it starts coughing rather violently. Slowly it finally dies, and all the ectoplasmic goes back into Krauss finger.

"So now we know where to began, trolls market under bridges." Krauss says.

"Wow. You're a genius. By the way there's over 200,000 bridges in New York City." Hellboy said.

"Ah but, laver la vanya, places that the troll market is on the east end of the Brooklyn bridge." Abe says.

"Already looked there." Hellboy reminded his friend.

"Not with me Agent, not with me. We're moving in!"