Chapter 19: Memory Lane

Syrena woke up with her head on her knees. It was morning now. She got up and stretched,walking over to her bathroom.Turning on her shower,she started to strip of her clothes.Syrena closed her eyes and put her head under the falsest letting the water go down her face.Her necklace started to shine,engulfing her whole bathroom in a purple light.

It was a beautiful night.The sky shone with the stars and the moon.A woman and her daughter sat on a rock by the closet shore.

The woman was pale,Black hair,Eyes hazel, A complexion and body any woman would die for wearing a outfit you would think was a bikini with a leather skirt, bone necklace and bracelets on her wrist and ankles. The little girl wearing something the same.Both of them bare foot.She was brushing her daughters hair,softly as she hummed.The golden necklace with the purple glowed but not to bright.

The little girl smiled as her mother hummed to a song. It always pleased her when she would hum or sing when she did her hair. It calmed her and kept her at peace. In the distance you could hear screams coming from a battle field.Clashing of weapons and the tearing of flesh.But they paid no mind.

A sudden screech made the little girl jump. It was filled with pain and agony, also it sound close by. The girl
shakes in fear. The mother placed a hand on her shoulder making the little girl look up.

"No need to be frightened,my dear.They wouldn't dare come into our territory.The humans would be to smart to do that. Unless the less smart ones do. Then they will just be dinner." The mother said a smile gracing her beautiful features,two little fangs pressing against her pink lips.

They resumed back to what they were doing before. The mother started to hum again, brushing her daughters hair to the side. She put the brush down and started to run her hands through her hair,the separated them. Another screech came from the battle and the little girl got scared again. The mother cursed under her breath and brought her daughter on her lap.

She grabbed her hair and began to braid it, but her daughter kept moving uncomfortably from hearing more and more screeches. Looking at her daughter she sighed deciding to finish her hair later.With her daughter in her arms she stood up and walked along the sand heading in the direction of their village.

The smell of burning flesh filled the air with the black clouds of smoke. Her daughter wouldn't stop shaking. She stopped and started to sway, gliding along the sand. The little girl paused looking up at her mother who's eyes were closed as she swayed slowly. She started to relax, nuzzling her head in her mothers chest, listing to the steady beat of her heart. Her mother hummed again.

"She wore blue velvet...

Bluer than velvet was the night...

Softer than satin was the light..

From the stars...

She wore blue velvet..

Bluer than velvet were her eyes...

Warmer than May her tender sighs..

Love was ours..."

This song made her daughter get more relax,and with her mother singing it made it even more relaxing. She tuned out the sound of the battle and listen to her mothers voice as she water closer to the village.

"Ours a love I held tightly

Feeling the rapture grow..

Like a flame burning brightly

But when she left gone was the glow of

Blue velvet...

But in my heart there'll always be

Precious and warm a memory

Through the years...

And I can still see blue velvet through my tears."

A scream filled their ears as the song stop making the mother open her eyes.Men breaking and flings things around. Slashing away at the ladies who ran or attacked them. Blood spattered across the sand. Fire started to graze the roof of the huts.Their village,one of many was being attacked.

Syrena eyes flashed open, breaking free at the memory.She stepped away from from the water. Her necklace stopped glowing. She washed up and turned off the shower. Getting out she wrapped a towel around her. Getting dressed, she then sat down in a chair in front of her mirror grabbing a brush and started to brush her hair.She closed her eyes and started to hum. Her necklace glowed again.

Dogging out of the way of being attacked the mother made her way to their hut that wasn't on fire. She set her daughter down and placed. The mother started searching for her weapon as a villager came in.

"Lady Juriko! The humans,are head your way!" the woman who the little girl noticed to be a close friend of her mothers alerted.

"Take my daughter some where safe! I will handle the invaders."

Queen Juriko, finding her weapon, a bow loaded it with one of the arrows from her stash. Her friend look at her in worry.

"No.You must go! We will take care of as many of them we can."

Walking towards her friend putting her loaded weapon down leaned over and whispered in her ear.

"I am not leaving you here Maka."

"You have too."

Maka glance at the young princess who was looking down at her toes.

"She needs you. You have fought many glorious battles, but you need to get her to safety. If the goblin gets the elf king to agree we need to be ahead, if the other object gets lost."

"But she is just a girl!"

"Who will grow up as a beautiful Siren and fulfill her destiny. She might not know now but she will in time."

Shouts from outside got their attention back to the situation at hand.

"Go!"

The queen straps her bow and puts the arrow away. Grabbing her daughter she ran out of the hut.

Syrena had opened her eyes. Done brushing her hair, which was now in a fish tale braid. She didn't remember having any memory off that and she didn't hear any of that either.Was that her mothers memory?She glanced down at her necklace that was glowing then it dimmed before glowing again.Getting up from her seat she walked over towards her bed,laying down. Grabbing the jewel on her necklace she closed her eyes as there was a flash of light.

Running through the forest the queen ran towards a well with a little bucket. She grabbed her daughter off of her putting her down in the basket. She grabbed her daughters face.

"I need you to be quiet. Stay under the water you hear me?" The queen said.

Her daughter nods her head as shouts and footsteps are coming from behind.The queen placed a kiss on her daughters head.

"You are our salvation. You will bring all this back. Give us back our home."

"Mommy, I love you."

"I love you too Syrena."

Grabbing the lever she sent her daughter in the water.Syrena got out of the basket and jumped into the water as her mother brought the basket back up. Going under the water,she could her the shouts of the humans come closer. Looking up she saw her mother run and just before she could go an arrow went past the well and Syrena heard her mother scream.

Waking up Syrena's grasped on her necklace got tighter. The memories still haunted her. Why couldn't she die? What purpose did she have that she had to live? To find the answers she would have to go back to the place were they can be found.

Home.