Chapter 23 : Unexpected

Syrena was walking down the streets of Manhattan. She had went back to retrieve her bow and arrows from her apartment and her suit. With her hood up she walked along in the dark. She thought back to what happen when she went to the golden army chamber. How did she get back home? Her thoughts were cut off from a scream. Syrena listen more and found it came from an abandon ware house.

She ran towards it and climbed inside one of the windows. Walking on top of some box she made her way closer to were she heard voices. She peered her head and saw three humans. They all had a gun. That's when Syrena smelt it. Blood. Looking closer she saw they were surrounding something.

She saw a woman wearing a dress, blood was coming down from her arm. Syrena eyes widen.Jumping down from her spot she landed in front if the men and took out her bow.

"Who the hell are you?" one of them asked.

"Your worst nightmare." Syrena said her eyes turning yellow.

They all aimed their guns at her.

"Jesus! She's another freak!"

That comment made her blood boil. Syrena took an arrow and shot it at the man in the middle,it going straight through his head. The other too began to shoot at her. The impacts made her stumble back a little. When they ran out of bullets Syrena glared at them.

Taking her knife out of her boot she slashed both of their throats and they fell to the floor. Pulling the arrow out of the mans head she put it away. She turned back to the woman with soft eyes. Syrena was surprised to see her.

"Nuala."

Nuala gave her a smile. She was clutching at her arm that wouldn't stop bleeding. Nuala took a step forward and was going to fall but Syrena caught her. She put her arm around her.

"I got you." Syrena said.

The two walked out of the ware house and Syrena kept on getting the feeling that they were begin watched.

¸.•*¨*'•.¸.•*¨*'•.

Syrena and Nuala got back to the B.P.R.D.. She took Nuala to the infirmary were one of the agents were taking the bullet out of her arm and then put a big bandage on her arm before leaving. Nuala looked down at her hands before looking up at Syrena.

"Thank you..for helping." Nuala said.

"No problem." Syrena said.

It was silent. Nuala looked back down as Syrena ran her hand up and down her arm.

"How are you alive?" Syrena asked. Nuala but her head back up.

"I-I don't know. All I remember is dying...then I see a bright yellow light. There was a crack and then it was dark. I fell on something cold. I made my way outside and hopped over a fence and ran. I stayed in the woods not far from here and spent the day there. Then it turned to night and that's when those men found me. They shot me. I ran into that building and they came after me." Nuala said.

Syrena saw a tears come down her cheeks. She pulled her into a hug.

"I was so scared...but then you came. T-they were going to kill me." Nuala said.

There was a knock on the door and in came Myers. He looked at the two as they broke away from the hug and Nuala wiped her tears away. Myers gave a wave.

"Hi. I'm agent Myres." He said.

"Princess Nuala."

"You guys might want to come with me." Myers said.

"Why? Whats happened now?" Syrena asked.

"Nothing it's just...um I don't know how your gonna react-"

"Myers." Syrena said folding her arms across her chest.

Myers scratched the back of his head and looked at Nuala then Syrena.

"Your brother is back."

Syrena looked at him to see if he was lying but he wasn't. Her brother was back. She didn't know if he would be mad or happy at seeing her. Maybe both.

"He's here with Liz and Abe." Myers said.

Nuala's eyes darted from Syrena to Myers.

"Abraham is here." Nuala said excitedly.

"Yeah their all waiting in Abe's old room."

Nuada got up from her seat fixing it before grabbing Syrena's hand and dragging her hand. Syrena smiled at her friend's eagerness to see her fishy companion but then she suddenly got pounding head ache. She stopped and Nuada looked at Syrena with worried eyes.

"What's the matter?" Nuala asked concerned.

"Nothing...you go ahead. I'll be there in a minute." Syrena said the pounding in her head getting stronger.

Nuala nods her head and opens the door and leaves. Myers gives Syrena a glance and she gives him a reassuring smile before he goes out the door. She let out a breath out that she didn't know she was holding. She leaned against the wall as she suddenly felt weak. Her head laid against the cold stone.

Syrena closed her eyes for a second, and when she did all she could see was darkness that was soon gone as gold and flames were in her view. She started to bang her head on the wall as screams and whispers went through her head. What was happening?

"You know it's only gonna get worse."

The voices went away. So did the flames and gold. That couldn't be. Syrena slowly opens her eyes to see a figure leaning against the wall at the other side of the room. There yellow eyes pierced into her brown eyes.

"Nuada.."

"Hello, Syrena."

Well...this was totally unexpected for her.