Chapter 13: A Talk With Nuala

Syrena woke up and found her self laying on a bed. The sheets and pillows were purple and gold, so was most of the room she was in. Syrena noticed that some of her stuff was in here. She got out of her bed and checked the clock. It was 2 am. How long was she sleep? Syrena walked over to her closet and grabbed a box, putting it on her bed and opening it up.

She took out a candle and put it on her dresser. She looked up at the picture of her father that was hanging.She lit the candle with a match before closing her eyes, having a moment of silence which was soon interrupted when someone knocked on the door. The door opened and Nuala stepped in spotting the Siren in the dark.

"I just came to check on you. To see if you were awake. Are you alright?" Nuala asked, her voice soft and sweet.

"Go away." Syrena whispered.

"You been asleep for some time, your brother was worried." she said.

Syrena's eyes snapped open and she turned around to face Nuala.

"Go.Away." Syrena snapped before resuming back to what she was doing.

"I'm sorry I didn't notice you were having an remembrance."

Syrena sighed, annoyed at the fact that Nuala hadn't left yet. She licked her finger, and pinched the fire putting it out. She started putting her stuff away.

"Who is that?" Nuala asked pointing towards the picture on the wall.

"My father." Syrena said without looking.

She noticed the book her father left for her in the box and she took it out. It had the royal seal on it. She put it to the side and closed the box, putting it back in her closet.

"That human..is your father?" Nuala asked in disbelief.

"Adoptive father. But my father. And you mean was." Syrena said.

Syrena sat down on her bed, hands on her lap.

"What happened?" Nuala asked.

Nuala walked towards the bed, the bottom of her dress dragging across the floor. She sat down on the bed.

"He was murdered. It was my fault...if I had stayed and never left I could have protected him."

"It wasn't your fault Syrena." Nuala said reassuringly.

"Your right Nuala...its my brothers. If he had never left to go on his little 'mission' spying on Myers and Liz while they we're on a date, he could been there!" Syrena said.

"Why did you leave?" Nuala asked.

"I never wanted to work for the B.P.R.D., it wasn't the life I wanted. Finding creatures, locking them up or worse; killing them. My brother on the other hand did. My father never scolded me for not wanting to be apart of the family business. He understood why I didn't want too. I guess that's what I miss most about him; he understood. Anyway it was about a year, maybe two. Me and my brother got in a fight and well....he said some hurtful things." Syrena said ending with a sigh.

She felt Nuala put a hand on her shoulder, waiting for her to continue.

"So I left. Packed my things and left. I traveled the world, looking for my mothers necklace. But I would keep an eye out for my brother. Even though he hurt me."

"You are a great sister Syrena. Your brother is lucky to have you. And you him." Nuala said.

"I guess your right. How did I get here? I don't remember waking up and walking here." Syrena said.

"We found you in the truck sleeping. When we got here your brother carried you her, laid you down and tucked you in." Nuala said.

"Oh. So the elemental is-"

"Gone? Yes, your brother stopped it." Nuala said.

'Killed it.' Syrena thought.

"Where you with my brother?" Nuala asked.

"What?" Syrena asked.

"Your scent...I can smell his scent coming off your clothes." Nuala said.

"No I haven't." Syrena lied.

"It's okay if you were. I won't tell anyone."

"I wasn't."

"I never took my brother to court anyone out of our species. But a Siren, he must really like you." Nuala said

"Hold up! Me and Nuada aren't courting!" Syrena said standing up.

"So you have been with my brother, you wouldn't have known his name if you weren't." She said.

"Why do you want to know if I was with you brother?" Syrena asked.

"I already know. We're linked. If he was somewhere I would know where. I know that he was on a roof, and since you smell like him I know you were with him." she said.

"You can't just jump to conclusions!" Syrena said.

"Give me your hand." she said.

"My hand?" Syrena asked, titling her head to the side.

"Yes. Your hand."

Syrena stuck out her hand and Nuala put her hand up to hers. Nuala closed her eyes for a moment before snapping them open.

"Your attracted to my brother." Nuala said a small smile on her face.

Syrena blushed and pulled her hand away, folding her arms across her chest.

"I am not!"

"Your mind says different. I've seen what you think about him. You like him."

"WHAT?!NO!"

"It's alright if you do. Love is natural."

"Love?! No! Okay it's been nice talking with you Nuala but i think it's time for you to go." Syrena said.

Syrena grabbed Nuala by her shoulders and pushed her towards the door. When she was outside Nuala gave her a smile.

"It was nice talking to you too, Syrena. Hope you have sweet dreams about my brother again." she said before walking down the hall.

"Thanks-HEY!" Syrena shouted. Nuala's laughter was the last thing she heard before closing her door.