Chapter 11: Lessons and Crying

Syrena had made targets and put them up on the walls. She went and grabed her bow and arows after she was finished and went towards Nuada.

"Here." She said handing him her bow and one arrow. He took both and loaded the arrow.

"Good. Now just lift up your arm."

She grabed Nuada's arm and titled it up. Nuada watched her as she looked from the bow back to the target. She backed up and he pulled the arrow back.

"Fire."

Nuada let the arrow go and it missed the taget hitting the side. Syrena frowned.

"I swear that the way I adjusted you it should have hit the middle."she said.

She walked over from Nuada and took the bow away from him and grabed an arrow. She loaded the arrow. Nuada went behind her and put his hands on the back of hers,copying her moves. She titled her arm and his arm went up with her own. She leaned against him a little, not that he mind. Syrena could feel his hot breath on her neck and it sent shivers down her spine. She let go and the arrow went straight in the middles.

"That's how you do it!" Syrena said proudly.

"Well I wasn't going to get it in the middle on my first try. Your more experienced than me." Nuada said.

"With a little more practice you'll get the hang of it. Sadly I have to go, my friends might be looking for me. We'll have to practice another time."

"That is if we see each other again."

Syrena turned her head towards Nuada, her nose brushing against his. She kept her eyes down, feeling Nuada's breath gaze on her face. Nuada leaned in and Syrena took in a breath.

"Yes...if."

Syrena pulled away from Nuada and grabbed her arrows and held a tight grip on her bow. She went up the little stone steps that led up to the market.

¸.•*¨*'•. ¸.•*¨*'•.

Syrena searched everywhere around the market for her brother or her friends but she still hadn't found them. She decide she would leave and see if they were out by the truck when she saw wink walking into a small store. She walks closer as she hears him roaring and a woman comes out of the shop and goes to the side. She looked familiar, Syrena couldn't put her tongue on it. Someone was thrown out of the wall and crashed into a big puddle. Syrena's eyes widen as she ran over to the person.

"Abe?" Syrena asked.

She saw the woman looking down at her friend in worry. A roar caused them all to look to the side at wink who came out of the wall and made his way towards them. Syrena makes her way up to Wink and tried to stop him but he pushes her gently out of the way. Syrena lands on the wet ground, green and golden scales glittering out of her skin from her hands as water slashes on them. She turned her head as wink went to crush Abe.

"Wink stop!" She shouted.

The troll tried numerous times to hit he friend but he dogged each and everyone of his attacks, sliding and gliding through the water, side to side and under his legs. Abe stopped and Wink raised his metal hand ready to retract it but something hit it. Winks hand continued to get shot at as Syrena saw her brother, his gun held towards her friend, a cigar in his mouth. She made her way towards him along with Abe and that woman.

"Where the hell have you been?" he brother asked, his yellow eyes scanning her in questioning.

"You know walking,enjoying the scenery." Syrena said glancing at Wink.