Chapter 24 : Missing Pages

Syrena stood there,blinking twice as if her eyes were deceiving her. But no. Nuada was here. He was alive. She opened her mouth to say something but quickly closed it. She didn't know what to say. Syrena was speechless.

"You are quite,my dear. Are you not happy to see me?" Nuada asked.

"No.I'm just surprised...oh my god your alive." Syrena said.

Nuada walked up to her. Syrena put her hand up to his face. She closed her eyes.

"Is this dream?" she asked. Syrena pulled her hand away and ran it through her hair.

"Is this a dream?" Syrena asked again.

"Is this another dream?Is this another dream that tortures me in my sleep?Will you turn into stone after I hold you close? After my lips touch yours?And when I awake I see you no more.Your body now made out of rock, broken down on the cold floor. You are my prince who I love and cherish. It is my fault that I let you perish."

Syrena took a breath, the pounding in her head starting to subside.

"One day I hope you'll come back to me. To hold me while I sleep,and protect me from these dreams that wake me up and make me cry. And that I will no longer sigh.Cause I have you here. Is this another dream that tortures me in my sleep? Is this another dream? Is this a dream?"

Syrena finished. She slowly opened her eyes and saw the Nuada was still there. She didn't wake up in a bed. It wasn't a dream. Syrena ran over and tackled him into a hug. Nuada hugged her tight. She started to cry,but they were tears of joy.

"How are you alive?How is Nuala alive?" Syrena asked.

"That you will find out soon,but I will not be the one who tells you." Nuada said.

"You said it was going to get worse." Syrena said.

She pulled away and looked at Nuada. He must have know what's going on with her. The head aches, being weak,the whispers and why all the sudden she doesn't like regular food.

"What's wrong with me? What is happening to me?"

Nuada caressed her cheek and Syrena closed her eyes at his touch.

"Nothing is wrong with you my dear. Everything is coming in place, you are becoming who you really are. It's just going to take a while for your body to adjust." Nuada said.

"Adjust for what?From what? Is the crown piece doing this to me?"

"All that you want to know,all the answers you seek...are in the missing pages."

'The missing pages?' Syrena thought. 'What missing pages?'. She felt Nuada's breath against her ear and shivers went down her spine. He always had that effect on her.

"I must go. Until later, my sweet." Nuada whispered.

When Syrena opened her eyes Nuada was gone. She looked side to side and behind her but she didn't find him. He was gone. Syrena ran a hand through her hair. The missing pages. But missing pages from what?

¸.•*¨*'•¸.•*¨*'•

Syrena walked along the grey halls. But she took her slow time. She was going to see her brother. Syrena didn't know how he was going to react,hell she didn't even know how she was going to react. Syrena made it in front of the two big golden doors.

She couldn't hear anything coming from inside. Maybe they all left back into their own rooms? But Syrena knew better. Myers probably told her brother she was here so he would probably wait. And the again he probably wouldn't if he was mad at her.