Chapter 15: Who's Side Am I On?

Syrena laid on the floor of her room. Abe was trying to get the piece of Nuada's sword out,but from what she heard it wasn't going so well. Why did this always happen to her? The ones she loved would always end up dying in pain, while she stayed alive.Syrena sighed.Nuada wanted her to be there. That means she would have to go back home.

She hadn't been there in years.She didn't want to go back. But she knew she had too, she could find a way to save her brother,she would go alone. Syrena got up from the floor and made her way to her brother. When she got to the infirmary she saw her brother laying down on a bed like chair, his chest bare showing some markings on his chest, his eyes where closed.

The only sound was the beeping of the heart monitor. Syrena walked up to him, and sensing her presences, her brother opened his eyes.

"Sis.."

"Hi. How are you feeling?" Syrena asked.

"Like crap." her brother said.

The monitar started to beep fast as her brother groaned in pain. She grabbed his hand and the beeping soon stopped.

"Every minute..this thing is getting close to my heart. I'm dying sis."

"Don't say that. I already lost so much..not you too."

Her brother squeezed her hand, before taking a deep breath.

"I'm sorry...for what I said those years ago. I was being an ass. I was jealous. It's hard to see the person you love with someone else, I was angry. I shouldn't have taken all my anger out on you."

"I forgive you." She said.

Syrena let go of his hand and started to walk away. She went past agents and made her way to a plane. The agent that was inside looked up at her.

"I'm sorry miss but you can't use this plane without clearance-"

Syrena grabbed the agent by his neck and threw him to the side, his head hit the planewall hard knocking him out. She got in the front seat of the plane and closed the back door.

"Clearance?Ha! I'm not even an agent." Syrena said to herself.

She started the plane and flew away from the facility.

¸.•*¨*'•.¸.•*¨*'•.

Syrena was flying over seas. 15 more minutes until she would be at her destination. She did a lot of thinking. Why did Nuada want her there? Did he want her to watch the destruction of the humans happen front row seat? Or was it a different reason,did he want her to join him? She couldn't; she wouldn't.But it would be pretty tempting.

She could avenge her mother and her kind. Syrena shook her head. No,it is wrong. She couldn't just do that to her friends,her brother,her father. He taught her to make the right choices in her life. But this was a hard one. Stop Nuada or Be by him. Help her brother or watch him crumble. One question kept running through Syrena's head.

'Who's side am I on?'