PROLOGUE

I've waited for hours in our favorite spot but she didn't come. I'm starting to get worried.

Is she alright? What if something bad happened?

I tried to calm myself and ignored all the negative thoughts. Of course, she's alright. For all I know, baka she's on her way na. I am just being paranoid.

Did she forget? I don't think so. She even called me yesterday just so I won't forget today.

"Where are you Jho? What's taking you so long?"

I checked my phone. Still, no call or text message. I tried to call her but it just keeps on ringing. Fuck.

What if she changed her mind? My hand automatically searched for the necklace hanging in my neck. No...we had a promise. This necklace is the proof.

I don't want to be cynical but the more time I spent waiting, the higher my anxiety goes. I don't know why I am not feeling good about this. I feel like that there is really something wrong. I thought of going to her place but decided against it thinking that she's maybe on her way. Baka magkasalisi lang kami. I tried to be positive. I focused my eyes on the beauty in front me. The serene beach...where I first saw her. It helped a little in calming my nerves.

She's gonna come. Don't worry.

"Bea"

I turned around and saw Mang Ely, the caretaker of Jho's rented place. What is he doing here? My eyes landed on the folded paper he's holding. He extended his hand and gave it to me.

"Pinabibigay ni Jho o." I don't know but I feel like I already know what's in the paper. Inabot ko iyon at tinanong ko sya. "Nasan na ho si Jho? Bakit kayo po ang nag-abot nito sa akin? Papunta na daw po ba sya dito?" I'm still trying to be positive...

"Nagmamadaling umalis kaninang umaga. Dala nga yung mga gamit nya. Tinanong ko nga kung saan sya pupunta at kung babalik pa sya. Sabi nya hindi na daw. Parentahan ko na daw sa iba yung bahay."

I think I didn't hear him right. My knees got weak and the next thing I knew, nakaupo na ako sa buhanginan. Mang Ely asked if I was okay. Then I noticed that I'm still holding the paper he gave me. I opened it and there it was, confirming my hunch.

"I'm sorry, Bea. I just can't do this anymore."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N]

So I decided to write my own JhoBea story. Hope you'll enjoy reading this! :) #FriendshipGoals CHAR! :D