Chapter Seven

Jhoana

I wanted to tell her that I came back for her. Yes, I did come back for her. It's just that, I was a little too late.

*Flashback*

It's been two months since I came back from Boracay...since I left Bea. Not a day has passed that I didn't think of her. I kept on wondering how she's been doing. Is she alright? Is she eating well? Is she mad at me for leaving her? Of course, she's mad. Who wouldn't?

One night, my cousin Lexie and I were having a drink. I was at their house visiting them for the weekend. We are currently enjoying our beers when she suddenly spoke.

"Cous, I am so sorry for telling Mom about you and that girl." I looked at her and saw that she meant every word. I was not mad at her because she told Tita Marie. After all, it was my decision leaving Bea. I just smiled at her and took a gulp of the beer in my hands. She's waiting if I'm gonna reply but when she realized that I'm not, she continued. "When I saw the two of you in the White Beach, I saw that you were really happy. By the way you look at her, I know that you are really in love with her. At nakita ko din na ganun din sya sayo. Nakakainggit nga kayo eh!" I looked at her questioningly, wondering why all of a sudden, she decided to tell me all of this.

"Bakit sinasabi mo sakin ngayon yan?", I answered then just laughed but deep inside, my heart is aching because it remembered everything again.

"I just wanted to let you know that you can still go back, follow what that heart of yours is telling you. To hell with the world if it's against the two of you. Sa huli, it will just be about the two of you and nobody else, right? And oh, don't worry about Mom. Love ka nun at tatanggapin nya kung ano ka pa o sino man ang gusto mong mahalin." She stopped and then hugged me. "Most of all, I just want to see you happy again. You are like a sister to me and I want you to be happy always. I know you're the happiest when you're with her." Hindi ko na napigilan na mapaiyak sa mga narinig ko na sinabi nya. Tama sya, sa huli, ang mag-mamatter lang ay kaming dalawa ni Bea dahil kaming dalawa ang nagmamahalan. I just hope mahal parin nya ko. I hope I am not too late.

I booked my ticket immediately. Thank God for the advancing technology at pwede na makapagbook ng plane ticket kahit it's already midnight. I booked the earliest flight the next day. I am so excited to see her, to hug her, to kiss her again. All I want is to be back in her arms right now.

As the airplane landed at Caticlan Airport, I can't help but think that this is really home for me. I really can't wait to see Bea. During the ride from the airport to Bea's house, I am already practicing what I would say to her. First of all, I would tell her that I'm sorry for being a jerk and leaving her. I'm trying my best not to think what if she would not accept my sorry. I know she would. I know because she loves me.

I didn't even wait for the tricycle to stop when I saw the blue house. I alighted and ran as fast as I could to her door. I contemplated between knocking and just barging inside. But I don't want to scare her so I just decided to knock. I've been knocking many times but she's not answering. Is she not around? I continued knocking, not bothering that my knuckles are already aching.