Chapter Seventeen

[A/N: Medyo may something sa bandang huli so pakihanda na lang ang sarili if medyo di kayo comfortable sa mga SPG :D]

Jhoana

The wedding march started to play. One by one, the entourage walked down the aisle. I looked at Cole and saw nothing but pure happiness. Masaya ako para sa kanila ni Maddie dahil sa wakas, dumating na ang araw na matagal na nilang pinakahihintay. I wish the same could happen for Bea and I, but I guess it's just too much for me to ask for it.

I focused my attention back to the aisle and I saw her. She's such a beautiful sight to see. I always wonder what I did to deserve her. She saw me looking at her and her smile got bigger. I smiled back. I want to cherish every sight of her for I don't know when will be the last time. No. Scratch that. I already know. I just refuse to acknowledge it. I took a picture of Bea when she was near me. She gladly stopped and strike a pose. We both laughed then she continued walking until she reached her place as the maid of honor. Then the music changed. 'All My Life' started to play and that is when I realized that Maddie is now walking towards the altar. I looked at Cole and laughed when I saw him crying. He is such a cutie. Even Maddie is laughing at the sight of Cole. I closed my eyes and imagine that I was the one walking down the aisle with Bea waiting for me at the altar. I know it's crazy coz it will never happen right? Syempre hindi naman papayag ang simbahan na ikasal kami. But more than that, I know it's impossible because I can never be that person to her. Stupid cancer. Why does it have to be me, of all people? I felt the tears ran down my face. I opened my eyes and saw Bea looking at me, alarmed by the sight of me tearing up. I smiled and gave her a thumbs up to assure her that everything's fine and that I'm okay. She doesn't have to know that I'm not. As the ceremony started, I noticed someone went to sit beside me. I looked sideways and was shocked to see EJ.

"I hope you don't mind if I sit here, Jho." She smiled at me so I smiled back.

"No problem. The seat's not taken anyway." We turned our attention back to the priest. I am trying hard to pay attention to the whole wedding ceremony but the presence of EJ beside me is keeping me from doing so. Should I talk to her? Would it be awkward for us two?

I just realized that it's now time to pray the Lord's Prayer and saw EJ extending her hand to hold mine. I gave her mine and stayed like that for the rest of the prayer. When it was about to end, I noticed that her grip tightened. I looked at her and saw that she was looking at me with a sad smile.

"You are very lucky to have Bea, Jho. Please, don't hurt her." I don't know how to react with what she said so I just smiled at her and nodded. But deep inside, I know that a few days from now, I will be saying the same thing to her.

~~

"You may now kiss the bride." Everybody got excited when the officiating priest announced that. I looked at Cole and Maddie and now Cole is slowly unveiling Maddie's face. The moment their lips met, everybody started clapping and so I did. It's such a joy to see two of your friends now officially husband and wife. I stayed on my seat while everybody is busy with taking pictures. EJ already left and I don't know where she went.

I felt somebody kissed my cheek. I looked up and saw Bea, smiling widely. I stood up to hug her and kiss her back.