Chapter Thirteen

Jhoana

Bea called me today and asked if we can go out. I'm out of the hospital for three days now and was granted a one week leave by our office so that I could rest. The problem with this is the more time I spent alone in the apartment, the more I think of this tumor. I know that we are not yet sure if this is really a tumor, much less if this is malignant, but being myself means being paranoid as always. That is why I am more than happy when Bea invited me to go out.

"What is the occasion?" I can't remember anything special today. It's no one's birthday today.

"Wala lang. Do we need an occasion just to go out?" I heard her say on the other line. This is such a surprise since she never invited me to anything before, well, since we saw each other again. It was always me who would invite her to lunch or dinner.

"No, it's just that you never asked me out before." She just laughed.

"Well, I am asking you now. You know I wouldn't take no for an aswer. I know na you're not busy today and you're just there in your apartment, alone. Please?" Kung alam nya lang, she didn't have to say please dahil papayag naman ako.

"You know I'll always say yes to you." Yes naman, Jho. "So where shall we meet?" Usually kasi ay nagkikita na lang kami ni Bea sa kung saan ko man sya mayaya na restaurant.

"I'll just pick you up. Around 5pm, maybe?" I can't help but smile on her sweet gesture. I am happy, too, dahil pakiramdam ko ay unti unti na kaming bumabalik sa dati. "Please stop smiling, I know you are." Then I heard her laugh on the other line. Bea De Leon, you are too confident.

"I am not smiling kaya. So tell me, what should I wear for this date? Should I even call this a date?" Wow, Jho, kapal mo. Again, I heard her laughing.

"You can wear anything you want. But please note that this isn't formal ah. You know I hate that. And yes, this is a date." I can't help but feel kilig. Bea De Leon is really asking me out on a date. Is she ready to take me back? No, Jho. Do not assume unless it is stated. OMG, ang lakas maka-accounting ng hugot ko. "You still there?" Crap. I totally forgot to reply.

"Yeah, still here." I tried to keep my cool para hindi nya mahalata na excited ako pero deep inside my heart is already screaming What should I weaaaaaar???? "I'll see you later." And we both hanged up. I totally forgot all about my current condition na. That's the Bea De Leon effect on me.

I literally ransacked my closet just to find the perfect outfit to wear for this date. I can't decide if I should go for the girly dress or for the girl next door polo and shorts. But knowing Bea, she would most likely go for the girl next door look for herself so I settled with the dress para balanced kami tingnang dalawa. I chose my navy blue spaghetti strapped dress and decided to wear white sneakers na lang para hindi naman super girly ang dating ko mamaya. I can't believe na I'm stressing over this today. I am not the type of person na big deal ang fashion. Most of the time, isinusuot ko lang kung saan ako comfortable. But today's different. Bakit nga ba? Hindi ko rin alam. Basta ang alam ko lang may date kami ni Bea. Yiheeee!