Chapter Twelve

Beatriz

I can't concentrate the whole time I was aboard the plane going back to Manila. I can't wait for this plane to land para mapuntahan ko na si Jho at makamusta sya. Maddie told me that she got unconscious towards the last part of her presentation and was rushed to the hospital. Marci is with her now. Maddie wanted to come, too, but she can't because she still had to go back to our office to close a deal. So now, we are both clueless on how Jho is doing. I hope she's fine. God, please, make her safe. I just got her back.

The pilot announced that we are now going to start descending and will be able to land after 15 minutes. I kept on drumming my fingers against the arm rest. I just can't bear this any longer. It was already approaching midnight at kanina pang tanghali isinugod si Jho sa ospital. I was lucky I was able to get a flight back to Manila today. After 15 minutes, I felt the wheels of the airplane against the ground. Finally. I think it was the longest 15 minutes of my life.

Luckily, my luggage was one of the firsts to come out of the conveyor. I immediately grabbed it and hurried outside the airport and got a taxi. I called Marci but he's not answering. Crap. Good thing the current traffic situation in Manila is currently cooperating with me so I got in St. Luke's in no time. I immediately asked for Jho's room and I was directed to Room 1415. I didn't bother knocking. I just want to see Jho.

I opened the door and I saw Jho in the hospital bed, wide awake, and watching something in her phone and laughing. Thank God. She smiled when she saw me, clearly shocked that I am here, but obviously happy. I went to her and hugged her.

"Thank God and you are fine. What happened?", I asked her, still hugging her and not letting go. I felt her arms wrapped around me and rested her head in my shoulder. I missed this. I miss hugging her like this. I like the feeling when her head is upon my shoulder, it gives me the feeling that I am protecting her. As much as I wanted to continue like this, I still need to talk to her and so I broke the hug and held her hand. "How are you? Maayos na ba ang pakiramdam mo? At tsaka teka, bakit gising ka pa? Bakit mag-isa ka lang dito?" I noticed that Marci is not around. I thought he's with her? Natawa sya hinalikan ang mga kamay kong nakahawak sa kanya.

"Isa-isa lang Bea. Mahina ang kalaban. First, yes, I'm already okay. Sabi ng doctor ay over fatigued lang daw ako kaya no need to worry okay? Second, pinauwi ko muna si Marci, kawawa naman. Kanina pa ako binabantayan dito eh hindi naman ako kailangan bantayan. Third, halos buong araw akong tulog at hindi na ako inaantok ngayon kaya nanood na lang ako, hoping that I'll get sleepy eventually. Kaso, gising na gising parin ako eh. Lalo na ngayon, dumating ka na." Buti na lang talaga at okay sya. She's been spending late nights in the office for the past few days kaya siguro napagod na sya. "Why are you here pala? Sabi ni Maddie may pinuntahan ka daw?" I want to tell her na nanggaling ako sa Boracay. Gusto ko rin sabihin sa kanya na alam ko na ang lahat, na bumalik sya para hanapin ako. Kaso I don't want to tell her that while we're here at nakaupo sa hospital bed nya. I just decided to tell her sa ibang araw. Marami pa namang bukas.

"I went straight here as soon as I got the call from Maddie informing me na na-ospital ka. Ano ba kasing nangyari? You me got so worried." I really can't hide now that I was worried. Bahala na kung isipin nyang mahal ko na ulit sya. Yun naman talaga ang totoo. She just smiled.