Chapter Two

Jhoana

"Hi! I'm Bea! And you are?"

She's beaming at me and is so full of energy. It's as if she's so excited na makita ako dito. I found myself smiling back at her. Grabe, nakakahawa ang energy nya.

"Hello! I'm Jhoana but you can call me Jho", I answered then smiled.

"Finally, you're here!" then she went up to me and gave me a hug.

I was taken aback by what she did. Hello, it's not every day that some stranger would go to you and hug you, right? It's as if she felt that I was shocked and broke the hug.

"I'm so sorry! It's just that I am really excited to see you. It's been so long since somebody rented the house from the other side. I'm ecstatic when Mang Ely told me somebody's gonna come today", she said shyly. O my gosh, she's so cute. Haha.

"No, it's okay. I badly needed a hug anyway", I told her. Her face lit up when she heard me.

"I can hug you all day if you want" Whuuuut? She must have noticed the change in my expression and quickly added, "Kidding!". Okay, she's weird.

"Bakit naman sobrang excited kang makita ko?", I asked her.

"Eh kasi ang tagal na nung nagkaroon ng ibang tao dito bukod sakin. You see, hindi to masyadong napupuntahan ng ibang mga nagbabakasyon. May kalayuan din kasi. Kaya I have this place to myself. Oh, at sila Mang Ely din pala and yung family nya pero medyo malayo na din sila sa bahay ko". She pointed to a blue house a few meters away from where we are. It's bigger compared to where I'm staying.

"So you live here alone? Why? Where are your parents? Kapatid?"

"I am an only child. My parents are in the US." Oooooh. Rich kid. "How about you? Why are you here alone? Where's your family? Friends?" I hesitated. Am I really having a conversation with this weird girl? But then, a company during my stay here wouldn't hurt, right? After all, she's a girl too. It would be much less awkward than a guy. I am not that good with guys eh. I must have hesitated too long because she told me, "Don't worry. I'm not a bad person." She looked hurt with the thought that I might be thinking like that. I felt guilty.

"Of course, you're not."Naks, bumabawi. "How can someone as cute as you be a bad person?" Shit, Jho, ano bang sinasabi mo? And you're saying she's being weird? What do you call yourself now, huh? I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from talking.

A smile spread across Bea's lips. "So you think I'm cute, huh?" Ha! Yabang!

"No, not anymore coz you're being mayabang na." I rolled my eyes on her and she laughed.

"You're not so bad yourself." She looked at me and smiled. "Come. Let me show you around" then she extended her hand implying that I hold it. Wouldn't it be weird to hold hands with her when we just met? She sensed my hesitation and grabbed my hand. "Don't worry, I don't bite...for now." The last part is inaudible but I decided not to ask anymore. This day would be fine, I guess... I hope so...

Beatriz

"Of course, you're not. How can someone as cute as you be a bad person?" Realizing what she just said, Jho blushed and bit her lower lip. God, she's beautiful. I wanna bite that lip, too. Gosh, Bea, you're being ridiculous. You just met the girl. I smirked.

"So you think I'm cute, huh?". And so from the blushing Jho, she's now the irritated Jho. That quick.

"No, not anymore coz you're being mayabang na." She rolled her on me and I swear, that is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I just laughed her off.

"You're not so bad yourself." Understatement. You're gorgeous, Jho. "Come. Let me show you around." I offered her my hand but she's not taking it so I just grabbed hers. "Don't worry, I don't bite...for now." I made sure she didn't hear the last part. I don't want her walking away from me. Not when... Nah. Stop it, Bea.

"Grabe, ang ganda talaga dito! Nakaka-inggit ka. Araw araw mo tong nakikita." She's taking some pictures. I thought of letting her hand go but no, I see that she can still manage. I laughed which made her look at me. Bea, ano ba?

"First time mo ba dito sa Boracay?" tanong ko sa kanya. She continued taking pictures, this time letting go of my hand.

"Nope. I came here last year with my friends pero sa White Beach lang kami nag-stay. I liked it so much that I promised myself na babalik ako. So here I am."

"I bet you, mas maganda dito kesa sa White Beach." She looked at me and gave me a big smile. Don't.

"Yeah. I can see that." She answered. "So how long have you been staying here?" She asked when she's done taking pictures. She went up to me and took my hand. OMG.

I decided to act cool and just answered her question. "I've been here for more than a year na din. Since umalis yung parents ko papuntang US." We continued walking.

"Bakit hindi ka sumama sa kanila?" I stopped walking and looked at her.

"Ikaw ba, maiiwan mo ba ang ganito kagandang lugar?", tanong ko sa kanya at tinuro ko ang kabuuan ng paraisong ito. She laughed. Ugh, it's heavenly.

Umiling sya. "Kapag nga naiisip kong aalis din ako dito after ng isang buwan, nalulungkot na ko."

One month?

"What if I give you a thousand reasons to stay, will you do it?"

~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N] Hi guys! I would really appreciate if you can give some of your thoughts story. Please comment and let me know, okay? And please vote na rin. Haha. Thank you! :)