Keep Me Safe

QUICK WARNING, BEFORE YOU READ :

THIS BOOK CONTAINS ELEMENTS OF RAPE, HARM, ABUSE AND THEMES OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

SO IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THAT, THEN THIS BOOK MAY NOT BE FOR YOU.

OTHER THAN THAT, ENJOY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KEEP ME SAFE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nate i'm home" i announced as i walked into the living room to be greeted by my boyfriend Nate.

"Hey babe" he said pulling me in for a hug.

Nate and I have been living together for over six months now. I moved in with him after my mum died because my dad found it too hard to cope.

"H-how was your day?" I asked cautiously.

"Good, but i'm really hungry" he said. I nodded and rushed over to the kitchen, pulling out a few ingredients and a frying pan.

"Is it the usual?" I asked grabbing the rest of the ingredients from the cupboard.

"No, something different. I can't keep eating the same things over and over Hayley" he said in a low tone.

"O-ok..what shall i make you?" i asked as i turned around to face him.

"Make me a steak." He demanded, grinning.

"But...i..i've never made that before" i said, swallowing the lump in my throat, afraid of his reaction.

"Well then now's your chance. But make sure you cook it properly and don't waste any food....because you know what will happen if you do" he said as he walked over to me until his body was towering over mine.

"O-okay" i whispered.

"Good" he kissed my forehead and spun me around, so i was faced with the stove.

"Start cooking" he said before he headed upstairs.

My hands had already begun to shake and i could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I had never cooked a steak for him before, but now that i had too i needed to make sure i didn't make it wrong, because if i did it would only mean one thing....

Punishment.

Nate is my boyfriend....my abusive boyfriend. I fell in love with him when i was 18 and he was 19. We met at a music store and we've been together for almost a year now. He was nice, he treated me with respect, like i was a princess. But a few weeks ago, he just turned sour.

It all started when we went out to a nightclub and a man tried hitting on me. Nate beat him to a pulp but blamed me for it. He said i turned the guy on and deliberately did it.

Ever since then he tends to blame me for everything.

If he does something wrong ...its my fault.

If another guy looks at me....its my fault.

If the store doesn't have what he wants....its my fault.

It's gotten to a point where i just can't take the physical pain anymore. But i can't leave him. I've tried..several times to run away, but every time i did he always found me and wound up punishing me even more.

The scars he left me with are too horrid that i can't even look at myself in the mirror. The ones on my face are easy to hide through make up. The ones under my shirt and on my legs are the ones i have to hide from the world.

The crazy thing is that i still love him...i just believe that one day he'll change. Every time he hurts me he tells me he loves me......so that makes it okay ........doesn't it?