Chapter 26 - Alarms

RECAP:

I slowly and cautiously lifted up the material to get a better look at her leg. Scars, marks and bruises were all i could see, her pale flesh was barely visible. I gently ran my fingers over one of the scars and she winced in her sleep, immediately making me jump back. I tucked her under the covers and she shifted a little before settling back.

"Goodnight Hayley" i whispered as i gently removed a piece of hair from her eyes.

I then slowly crept over to my door and snuck out, closing it behind me. I walked down the hall into the guest room, where the boys usually stay when they come over and hopped into bed, thinking about what to do about this situation.

About, Hayley.....

Me.....

Nate.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hayley's p.o.v

My eyes slowly fluttered open as i began to take in my surroundings.

I was lying in a bed that i didn't recognise at Nate's. I looked around the room to see a flatscreen tv in one corner, a few band posters on the non wallpapered brick walls a stop sign near the door.

Then it hit me.

I wasn't in Nate's room

I was in Ashton's.

I must've dozed off last night. But i don't remember falling asleep in his bed.

'This was not supposed to happen.' I thought to myself. I took a deep breath in and bit my bottom lip nervously, looking around i noticed i was in a single bed, so there's no way Ashton slept with me....at least that's what i hoped.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when i heard the door creak open and the familiar hazel eyed boy walked in, still in his pyjamas from last night.

I guess i sorta just stared at him with wide eyes, not knowing what to say or how to react. I mean i knew i was supposed to stay here but....i thought it would just be on a sofa or something.

"Morning" he said awkardly just standing a few inches inside the room.

"H-how did i get in here?" i asked as i sat up in the bed.

"I-uh, you fell asleep on the couch so i ...carried you up here" he stuttered rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Oh" is all i could manage to say.

Thoughts........many different thoughts were all running through my head.

I ran with Ashton, I left Nate. I woke up in Ashton's bed. He carried me upstairs, putting his hands on me.

.....in short....

If Nate ever found out....i couldn't even bring myself to imagine what Nate would do to me, or to Ashton.

I noticed he was still watching me, waiting for me to say something more.

"Thank you....i guess" i mumbled yet it was loud enough for him to hear. He smiled lightly and took is as an invutation to come further into the room.

"I'm just gonna get some things and shower, you can help yourself to whatever you want to eat downstairs" he explained as he went through his drawers to pick out some clothes.

"Is it okay if i use your bathroom?" i asked still sitting up on the bed.

"Yeah it's not a problem." he replied, before pulling out a grey singlet with the words 'veni, vidi, vici' written on it, meaning 'i came, i saw, i conquered' in latin. I remember from my days in school, when i use to take both latin and spanish. Of course that all failed after my mother got sick. I wondered if Ashton knew the true meaning of the shirt, or if he just thought it looked good.

"You know you can move right" he said laughing slightly, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nodded and got up of the bed and walked down the hall to his bathroom.

~~~

After i finished getting washed i went downstairs into Ashton's living room, since he was still in the shower.

I felt awkward. I was in two minds.

It was my daily routine to make Nate his morning breakfast of eggs, toast and bacon, but i wasn't with Nate right now....i was with Ashton, so....

What am i supposed to do?.

I sighed and stepped into his kitchen hoping he wouldn't get mad at me for touching things that don't belong to me. I looked through his cupboards and found a frying pan. I grabbed the ingredients i needed and set them down on the kitchen counter.

I guess i should just make him breakfast, as a thank you at least.

I placed the eggs in the pan and altered with the heat settings, his cooker was different from Nate's so i put it on a higher gas so it would be ready in time for him. I put two slices of toast in the toaster and also set them on a higher setting so they would be done quicker.

I set the table for Ashton and scanned through the cupboards for orange juice. Where there was none. I looked in the fridge, still nothing, just milk and a few cans of monster.

I walked over to another cupboard at the back of the kitchen and opened it up to see it was a store cupboard. It was quite large which surprised me, it looked almost like a mini shed. Looking around i could see many different drinks, cakes, crisps and some sort of food supplements. I guess he likes to work out.

Looking at the top shelf on the far end i could see different cartons of juice. Apple, orange, pomegranate and berries. I stepped further into the cupboard and reached up on my tip toes for the orange juice.

*CLICK*

I spun around when i heard the door slam shut behind me, leaving me in the darkness. I walked back to the door without the juice and tried pushing the door, after realising there was no handle.

It wouldn't budge.

I kept pushing it again...and again..and again...

It was locked.

I was locked in.

"No, no this can not be happening" i said, still pushing the door.

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"Oh crap." I half yelled as the smoke arm began ringing through the whole house and i could smell burning eggs and toast.

The whole thing could set on fire and it would all be my fault.

"ASHTON" I started yelling, banging on the door harder hoping he could hear me.

"ASHTON" I repeatedly yelled as the burning smell stronger and i started to panic.

"ASHTON" I screamed louder, i could feel my hands shaking, my eyes watering, my breaths weakening and my lungs filling with the dark smoke beginning to fill the store cupboard.

~~~~~~~~~

I'M BACK. HOW DU KNOW IM BACK, BECAUSE I LEFT YA HANGIN HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOOOL

SORRY BUT I HAD TO MAKE IT SMALL AND HANGERY < WTF LOL BECAUSE I NEED TO EDIT THE OTHER CHAPTERS OMG THERE IS SO MUCH HAPPENING IN THIS BOOK AND I CANT WAIT YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY

BUT DUN DUN DUUUUNN SHE'S STUCK IN THE CUPBOARD NEXT TO THE BURNIG FOOD WHICH WAS ON A HIGH SETTING AND ASH IN THE SHOWER 😱

WHAT. DO. YOU. THINK. WILL. HAPPEN. ????

COMMENT

LOVE U GUYS TOO MUCH OKAY LIKE LEGIT UR THE REASONS I UPDATED THHREE TIMES LAST WEEK BUT I UPDATED TOO MUCH AND NEED TO WRITE MORE NOW LOL.

EXITED FOR THE FUTURE OF THIS BOOK, ITS NOT ENDING SOON ITS GOINGT O BE A LOGN AND BUMPY RIDE, NATE IS ON THE WAY 😏

TILL NEXT SATURDAY

-Shakila😜