Chapter 64 - Darkness

RECAP:

I closed the bedroom door, deciding against locking it even though i wanted to so badly and i walked over to the bed, taking a seat on it facing the direction of the window knowing that eventually he would come back upstairs....

And i would be in for it.

~~~~~~~

Hannah's p.o.v

"Has he gotten any sleep yet?" I asked, walking up behind Luke who was watching Ashton from across the room. He was sitting by the phone, looking through several pieces of police paperwork with one hand on his head and the other picking at the paper.

"None." Luke sighed, leaning his head against the doorframe as i placed a hand on his shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze.

"How long has it been?"

"Almost twenty four hours." I replied, remembering the information that the police had previously told us.

The phone call Hayley made was under one minute long by three seconds, meaning they were unable to trace the call. Nate's apartment had been searched but there was no sign of him or her anywhere, Calum gave as much information as he could but that also turned out unsuccessful seeing as he was unable to identify the number plates of the car that took her.

Forty eight hours they said. If she's not found within forty eight hours of being reported missing, then there's an eighty five percent chance...

That she may never be found.

Ashton knew that of course and i guess that was why he hadn't stopped searching. He made it back a few hours ago and since hadn't eaten or slept or barely even spoken to us. We all know he blamed himself for what happened to her and i'm pretty sure he would never forgive himself if he did not find her.

I just hoped that she was okay.

~~~~~~~~

(Hayley's p.o.v)

Three hours, three whole hours i was sat upstairs, watching the night sky fade to black, listening out for his footsteps approaching up the stairs. I knew he had calmed down, but that did not mean he was not angry with me.

The time on the bedside clock read eight forty one when i heard him begin to make his way up the staircase and my hear rate began to increase as my mind wondered what he was going to do.

The door swung open, creaking as it did so while the light from the stairs shone into the room, slightly illuminating it since i had found myself sitting in the dark. I turned my body around, looking at him as his body stood directly under the door frame, his shadow that had been created on the ground resembled that of a giant, but it was not his shadow that i feared.

He flicked the bedroom light on and i blinked several times, allowing my eyes to adjust to it before i returned my gaze to meet his and noticed his tear stained cheeks as well as dilated eyes.

He had been drinking.

Instinctively i wanted to make a run for the bathroom and lock the door behind me, but i was unsure if i could make it there successfully.

So i stayed quiet as he walked in further, sniffling every few seconds as his steps caused a creak in the floorboards. I dropped my gaze to the floor, observing his feet from the corner of my eye, sneakily moving away from him as he came closer.

"You." He slurred, pointing a finger at me as i looked up at him.

"It was your fault...all of it." On speaking, he looked in a daze as if he was daydreaming but i just hoped he wasn't planning what he was going to do to me.