Chapter 49 - Drums

RECAP:

"Do you want to keep it?"

"I think i do." She replied, placing the picture down on the bed beside us and placing her hand on her stomach, looking down at it.

"You know what." She mumbled after a few moments of silence, both of us in the same positions.

"What?"

"I really wish it was yours."

~~~~~~~~~

Ashton's p.o.v.

I woke up to the sound of pouring rain, smashing against the windows like needles falling from the sky. I tried to shift slowly over to the bedside table, hoping to find a watch or clock so i would know what the time was, but it was difficult with Hayley's arm wrapped loosely around my waist and her head flat on my chest fast asleep.

She eventually managed to fall asleep last night, with the condition that i stayed with her which of course i did seeing as she most probably would have stayed up crying till morning.

We never talked much after she told me she wanted to keep it, i didn't really have anything to say anyway. I didn't really know what to say yet again, i knew it was going to have to be me, me who would take care of her and the baby, me who would've to support them, take care of them and most likely have to give everything up so we could start fresh, but in all honestly....it's not something i was too bothered about.

Our band was only beginning to take off, slowly performing at a few clubs and bars in front of crowds of no more than forty people so i really wouldn't be missing so much and i suppose the boys would understand, knowing that i couldn't exactly leave her...not now and not anymore.

I still need to tell them that i need a new drum kit before our rehearsals for our show in a couple of days time, with Hayley still unaware of that fact she broke it but i guess i did kind of deserve it....though i really would have preferred her to just smash a cup instead because my drums meant a hell of a lot to me, but of course that's all changed now, because i had her.

She began to stir gently, groaning as her eyes began to open slowly adjusting to the morning light. She removed her arm from my chest to rub the sleep from her eyes, yawning in the process causing me to yawn alongside her, before she turned and looked up at me the sleep still evident in her eyes.

"Morning." I greeted, using my right hand to tuck her hair behind her ear, brushing my thumb along her cheek.

"Hi." She mumbled, yawning once more as her eyes continued to blink, struggling to stay open.

"You're still tired?" She nodded her slowly, lowering her gaze from my eyes and focusing on the wall opposite.

"Go back to sleep." I told her, pulling up the duvet that had fallen down just below her waist and settling it over her shoulders before planting a soft kiss on her forehead. She didn't say anything, just simply fluttered her eyes closed and allowed the sleep to re consume her.

~~~~~~~~

"So everything's okay now, with the two of you and the baby?" Hannah asked, leaning on the kitchen bench by the sink in between Luke and Michael whilst Calum and I sat on the stools facing them.

"Yeah...i mean we went for a check up yesterday, turns out she's actually four weeks pregnant instead of two."

"Damn." Michael mumbled, folding his arms over his chest. I simply rose my eyebrows before dropping them again.

"Do you the police have any leads on her boyfriend yet?" Calum spoke up beside me, tearing his gaze from his phone.

The word 'boyfriend' seemed to bother me a lot more than it should have, sending a chill down my spine. He didn't deserve to be called that any longer and frankly...not ever again.