Chapter 39 - Faults

RECAP:

"Please just go. I want to be alone." I sniffed.

I felt the weight on the bed disappear and soon enough i heard the door open and close again. I briefly turned around to see myself in an empty room.

He had gone, and If he had any common sense, he would never come back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

( STOP RIGHT THERE AND PLAY THE DAMN SONG!!! IF YOU DONT UR MISSING OUT ON LIFE >>>>>)

Ashton's p.o.v.

For the past hour or so i've been sat out here alone, in the waiting area with a small cup of coffee in my hands. She just needed some space, it must've been a little overwhelming for her, all of this being thrown at her at once. I was surprised at what i heard back in the room, how many times he had taken advantage of her and not once did she ever tell anyone. It all made sense now, why she was so desperate for the t-shirt i gave her and why she was so scared to be around me, incase he caught her.

I just didn't know what to do. I wandered where her parents were and why she hadn't mentioned them, maybe she left home or had a falling out.

The police asked me a few more questions about Nate to help the search, except i couldn't answer any of them because i didn't know the answers. They asked me about Hayley, how old she was, what her last name was but i couldn't answer them either because i didn't know.

In fact, thinking about it i hardly know her at all, but what i do know is that she didn't deserve this at all, nobody deserves having something like that happening to them.

Finishing the last of my coffee i stood up off the green leather chair and disposed of the plastic cup in the bin before shoving my hands in the pockets of my black skinny jeans and slowly making my way back to her room.

~~

When i made it back to the ward, i stood outside of her room and looked through the plastic blinds in the window that gave me a view of her room. She was in the same position, lying with her back to me and the blanket covering her face. Maybe she was asleep.

I grabbed onto the metal handle and slowly pushed the door open, trying to prevent it from squeaking against the floor, before quietly closing it behind me.

I walked over to her side and leaned against the window ledge. She was awake. Her eyes were open and she was just staring blankly at the wall showing no emotion at all.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, crossing my arms and tilting my head to the side in order to get a better view of her face.

She didn't answer, she didn't even blink.

"Hayley?"

Nothing.

"Hayley?"

She was blank, completely emotionless. I couldn't help but worry, she was becoming completely unresponsive and if it weren't for the heart monitor beeping every few seconds, i would've thought she was completely lifeless.

I sighed loudly and ran a hand through my hair wondering if i should call in a nurse to see if she was alright, but then that might end up setting her off again, getting her into more trouble.

"Hayley say something." I demanded, rubbing my hands on my face, debating on what to do.

I huffed out a breath and looked out of the window that lead to the ward, spotting one of the nurses from earlier. I looked at her once more to see her still completely emotionless before i stood up straight off the window ledge and started walking towards the door.