Chapter 12 - Strangers

RECAP:

"Thank you............Ashton" she said, curling her lips to form a small smile, before disappearing around the corner.

She remembered my name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hayley's p.o.v.

I finished paying for the shirt and left John Lewis. By now it had reached 7pm and with it being dark nights and all, the sun had gone and the darkness had begun to take over. To make matters worse, the rain hadn't stopped pouring, if anything it had gotten heavier.

I pulled out my phone and stared at the one and only contact that remained there..

Nate.

I mentally debated on whether or not to call him. I thought about what he told me earlier, that he couldn't come to pick me up, but i wondered if he would have changed his mind. Knowing him, he wouldn't have.

I sighed loudly and gave up, placing my phone back into my pocket i started making my twenty minute journey back home in the pouring rain.

Walking home i noticed several people running through the rain, dancing in the rain, a few people even singing in the rain.

It's amazing how the rain can be mistaken for something horrid and cruel when really it holds nothing but pure beauty.

Walking past a few stores along the way i saw a couple kissing passionately outside a jewellery store.

I stared at them for a while, watching them share their special moment.

That was me and Nate a few months ago. We didn't care where we were or what we were doing as long as we had each other.

They looked happy together. The girl wrapping her hands around his neck as he gripped her waist tightly, both of them wanting each other.....

....needing each other.

*BEEP BEEP*

I instantly stopped staring and turned my gaze to the source of the sound. I turned my head and saw a silver bmw drive up beside me. The engine was on but they stopped driving.I took a deep breath in and held it, debating on whether or not to run. I started to panic slightly when the driver slowly rolled the window down.

"Hey. Need a lift?" A thick australian voice half yelled.

I let out a huge sigh of relief as i noticed it was Ashton.

Gosh this boy just doesn't give up.

"Uh no i...i'm fine...i just live a little further down" i half yelled back as the rain was beginning to spill down faster and louder, silencing the words i was saying.

"But your drenched and its pouring, you'll catch a cold" he said sweetly.

I can't really accept the ride from him, but it was dark, cold and raining.

'But what if Nate finds out?' My conscience questioned.

"I really can't" i replied and quickly jogged of down the road.

I couldn't tell if his car had driver off in another direction i just kept my gaze focused on where i was going. I felt like i had been in a fight with a tsunami, all i need now is a little stormy weather.

*CRACK*

I whimpered as thunder cracked through the sky and a huge bolt of lightning zapped through the clouds, like something out of a movie.

My heart began pounding like crazy inside my chest. I was still pretty far from Nate's house and now i was starting to panic.

I never liked thunder OR lightning, this was a combination of both.

When i was little my mother use to always tell me stories about the weather and she would tell me that whenever it thundered and lightning, it meant that God was angry. She told me to never fear the thunder, but to see it as my friend...a saviour. She said that only the bad people, the people that have horrid intentions, the evil people, should be the ones to fear the thunder and lightning because it is a sign that God knows what they have done is wrong.

I wish that she could still tell me those stories, tuck me in at night and tell me that everything would be okay.

She was my guardian angel..

Now that shes gone....i don't think i will ever find another.

"You know, its not really safe for you to be walking around, out here alone." That same australian voice yelled through the stormy weather, snapping me out of my thoughts.

He followed me...

Did he actually....... care?

He opened his passenger door from the inside and patted the seat.

"Its warm in here. I turned the heating up" he said trying to bribe me, laughing as he did so displaying those unforgettable dimples.

"I shouldn't take a ride from a stranger" i said, mentally debating on whether or not to get in his car.

"But i'm not a stranger....i'm Ashton. Don't you remember me? You know the guy you bumped into, he bought you a drink, you ran off, bumped into him again, ran off....again, then yelled in his face, apologised and stole a shirt from him" he explained, giggling.

"I did not steal the shirt from you" i softly replied, stepping closer to his car so he could hear me.

"I'm just kidding, but seriously...i'm not a stranger and i'm not a weirdo. Now are you gonna just stand there and continue to get soaked, or are you gonna let me take you home" he said, raising his eyebrows.

I looked around at my surroundings and noticed how isolated the street had suddenly become, everyone had ran indoors to escape the rain, people were no longer singing, no longer dancing, the cute couple outside the jewellery store had disappeared.

I walked closer and slowly put one foot inside the car, followed by the other and before i knew it i was seated inside his car.

"Thank you" i whispered as i took the shopping backs off my wrists and placed them on the floor near my feet.

I thought i heard something jingle, but i ignored it.

"No problem" he replied smiling at me.

"So ....where to?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELOOOOO WHATS UP I IZ IN DA BUILDING YO YO YOOOOOOOOOOOO

CHRISTMAS IS COMING SKSKJDDJJDOWKDJDJ WOOOO WOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOO ⚠💦😜🙊😝🎃👊👊👊💦😍😂😎😎😝👊😘😘🙀🙀👊🐺

OKAY SO I WANNA HAVE LIKE A HEART TO HEART WITH U GUYS....SO HERE WE GO...THIS IS A LITTLE AWKWARD BUT OKAY ....

SO LIKE WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT OTHERS SELF-HARMING STUFF I DONT REALLY SAY TOO MUCH...WHEN I WAS IN YR 8 SO LIKE....14 I THINK...I USE TO SELF HARM MYSELF BECAUSE THERE WAS ALOT GOING ON WITH MY PARENTS AND EVERYTHING JUST SEEMED LIKE IT WAS FALLING APART....BUT I STOPPED NOW AND IM HAPPY BUT THE THING IS IVE NEVER TOLD ANYONE...NOT MY MUM, MY BEST FRIENDS NOT ANYONE....I DONT REALLY KNOW WHY....A FEW WEEKS BACK I WAS GOING TO TELL MY FRIEND COZ I THOUGHT SHE WOULD UNDERSTAND, BUT BEFORE I STARTED I TESTED HER...I WAS TALKING ABOUT ASHTON AND HOW HE USE TO CUT...DU KNOW WHAT SHE SAID...

"WOW WHAT A FUCKING EMO"

I WAS LIKE 😕😕😕😕😕 DID U JUST SAY THAT!!!

SO THEN I DIDNT BOTHER TO TELL HER.....OR ANYONE...WOW IM ACTUALLY GETTING EMOTIONAL HAHA LOL...

SO GUYS IF U EVER DID OR STILL DO, IT DOESNT MAKE U A LOSER, A LONER, AN EMO...NO IT DOESNT IT JUST MEANS UR FINDING IT HARD AT THE MOMENT....BUT LIFE GOES ON AND WHEN U REALISE THAT U WILL SEE THEM AS BATTLE SCARS BECAUSE U FOUGHT UR WAY THROUGH IT ...ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT... AND I LOVE U #nohomo

^^ I HOPE THAT DOESNT CHANGE UR VIEWS ON ME...BUT IF IT DOES...THERS NOTHING I CAN DO...I AM ME...THATS NOT GNA CHANGE 😊😊😊😊😊

MIGHT UPDATE ANOTHER ONE OF THESE LATER ON IN THE WEEK COZ I LOVE U GUYS WOOP WOOP

DROP COMMENTS AND VOTE IF U WANT TO *Begs*

-Shakila😜