Chapter 21 - Decisions

RECAP:

I kept running and could make out the street lights peering through, signalling that i was almost at the front of the club and out of the darkness. Within a split second my hope was ripped from me when i felt a pair of hands grab my waist from behind pulling me to their chest.

"NO. NO. HELP" I cried out, smacking and kicking them.

"GET OF ME. HELP SOMEBODY HELP" i kept yelling, not turning my head to see who it was, i already knew it was either Nate or the person that attacked him.

"LET ME G-"

"STOP. HAYLEY. STOP IT'S ME. IT'S ASHTON"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stopped yelling and turned around to look at the hazel eyed boy in front of me.

I didn't say anything.

I just ran straight into his arms and securely wrapped mine around his torso, crying silently.

He stayed quiet.

I felt his arms wrap protectively around my waist.

I would usually be terrified to touch another guy, knowing what Nate would do to me, but something told me that Ashton wasn't scared of him.

"Are you alright?" He asked, after pulling away.

I shook my head, because in all honestly i didn't want to say "no" so i let my actions do the talking.

"That....it..w-was y-you?" I stuttered in disbelief as i sniffled and wiped my eyes. He nodded without saying a word.

"I.....is..he...dead?" I asked, as i stared into his eyes.

"No. The alcohol did most of the damage, he's unconscious in the alley" He said, anger in his voice.

I stayed silent. Of course I didn't want Nate to be dead. I would never wish death upon anyone and of course I still loved him, but i wouldn't admit it right now.

"Is there anyone you can stay with?' He asked, his voice now calm. I shook my head no and he looked like he was thinking.

"Then come on, i'll take you back to mine you can stay there tonight" he said, as he gently took my hand and started walking towards the car park.

"NO" i yelled, pulling my hand from his. He turned around looking confused.

"I mean, no thank you. I...I don't even know you" i mumbled, looking at the floor.

"Aren't we past that yet?" He asked, frustratedly. I kept my gaze on the floor."Do you have any better ideas?" He huffed, waiting for my reply.

I shrugged my shoulders and wrapped my arms around my cold bare skin.

"You're cold? Look please just come with me Hayley" He said, as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"But." I interjected.

"But what?" He yelled, his nostrils flaring.

"I mean i....i can't just leave him there" I whispered, referring to Nate.

He laughed, before turning dead serious. "You're joking right?" He asked, stepping closer to me. I took a step back, slightly afraid and i averted my gaze.

"Why would you want to help him? After what he was about to do to you?" He whispered back, towering over me.

"But he was drunk...he didn't mean -"

"YOURE DEFENDING HIM? SERIOUSLY" He suddenly yelled.

"YES I AM OKAY HE WAS DRUNK HE DIDNT MEAN IT I KNOW HE DIDN'T HE WAS perfect this morning" I yelled before whispering the last few words.

"I have to take him home." I mumbled, defencelessly. No matter how hard i tried not to believe it.....Nate was all i had.

"No, your coming with me, you're not going back with him" Ashton growled, grabbing my arm and dragging me towards his car.

"Stop it. Please let me go. Ashton you're hurting me, please" I pleaded, a few tears falling.

I never thought I would fear Ashton....i guess i was wrong.

He stopped and turned around.

"I'm sorry i didn't mean to" he quickly said, letting go of my arm. We were now in front of his car. He turned around and ran his hands through his hair, sighing loudly.

"Will you please just come with me Hayley?" He innocently asked.

I wiped my few tears away and looked up at him.

"I'm scared to" i whispered, but i knew he heard.

I watched as his expression softened and he looked genuinely hurt.

"I..i didn't mean it like that i...i've never gone to another persons house before...alone...as in without Nate" I quickly said.

He nodded understandingly.

"And I mean what if something happens to him, back at the alley" i said.

"So what if it does, he deserves it." He huffed.

"Look." I took a deep breath in before speaking.

"I'll go with you" i said. His face lit up slightly and he smiled.

"If...you help me get Nate home." I quickly added, causing his smile to drop.

"No. No way" he replied.

I went up to him and cupped his face in my hands causing him to look me in the eye.

"Please Ashton. I'm not a bad person and I don't think that you are either, but we both know leaving him there isn't the right thing to do" i explained.

He just stared back at me before rolling his eyes and gently moving my hands away from his face.

"Fine. But you're coming with me" he said. I nodded and smiled slightly.

"Come on." He said. I followed as we walked back to the dark and isolated alley way. Ashton used his phone as a light. We found Nate unconscious with his face on the ground, i couldn't help but gasp at the sight. I had never seen Nate look hurt before.

Ashton grabbed his arm and swung it over his shoulder lifting him up. He groaned doing so, but he was strong enough to hold him up on his own.

"How did you guys get here?" He asked.

"We..took his car."

"Well. Go into my pocket and get my keys. Were taking my car instead" he replied.

I nodded and slowly walked over to Ashton and put my hand in his front pocket, keeping my gaze focused on his as i did so. I slowly pulled them out and held them up to him.

"Okay, now lets head back to my car" i nodded and trailed behind ashton where he was dragging Nate along the car park.

We made it to his car and i unlocked it, opening the back door.He put Nate in the back seat and i sat in the passenger seat next to him. He pulled his phone out and began texting.

"The boys are going to be wondering where i've gone" he said, keeping his eyes on his phone.

He then started up the engine and began driving.