Chapter 32 - Truths

RECAP:

"Why don't you just ...get the food now, i mean, before it gets too late?" I suggested and he groaned before rolling his eyes. I moved off his lap and onto the sofa beside me as he climbed off.

"This isn't over." He seductively said, walking out into the hallway and grabbing his jacket before retuning to grab his wallet and car keys of the kitchen counter.

I faked a laugh knowing that he genuinely meant it. He walked over to me and leaned down to peck my lips.

"See you in a bit." He winked. I nodded and stood up to follow him out into the hallway and watched as he walked out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The time had now reached 9:45pm and for the past fifteen minutes i've been sitting on the sofa staring at my phone. I guess i was waiting to see if Ashton would call or text me, but i got nothing, he probably got my note.

A part of me was happy that he hadn't shown up like i thought he would have, but a part of me was sad, sad because he saved me, took me in, gave me shelter, food, warmth and all i did was steal his money to run back to the guy who i was rescued from.

I was also beginning to wonder where Nate was. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take over thirty minutes to get a take out....or...maybe it does.

I sighed and looked down at my mums golden charm bracelet that curled around my wrist. It brought back the very few memories i had of her. I missed her, i needed her by my side to comfort me, to tell me if i was doing the right thing.

I watched as a silent tear fell and shattered against the star charm on the bracelet, making a small smile creep upon my face of the memories when she would call me her 'star'. I bit my lip to compose myself before i heard a loud knock on the door. Jumping i wiped my eyes and hopped of the couch before heading out into the corridor before unlocking it for Nate.

Only.......

It wasn't Nate's brown eyes that i was staring into.....

It was Ashton's hazel ones.

I stood there, shocked, scared and frozen.

He only had one solid expression on his face, i could tell by the way his body was tensed and his nostrils were flared. He was angry, very angry.

I opened my mouth to say something but no words would come out. He raised up his left hand that was holding a piece of paper, looking more closely i could see it was the note that i had written for him. I guess i did the only thing that came to mind, i attempted to shut the door in his face with the hope that he would just leave and never come back, but i was wrong. I couldn't even get the door halfway closed before he barged it open and forced his way in. I stumbled back till i was up against the wall, he slammed the door shut behind him as he inched closer to me... Step by step.

I stared at him as he stared down at me.

He looked scary...i was scared of him.

"Why?" He growled, his fist scrunching the letter in his hand as he pressed his arms up against the wall on either sides of my head, trapping me.

"I.....I.....I'm so-"

"Your sorry. Of course you are, your sorry that you left without saying a word, your sorry that i came home and freaked out when i couldn't find you, your sorry that you came back to him after everything that he did to you. Your sorry." He said, raising his voice as i felt water beginning to fill my eyes.

"Why the hell would you come back here?" He asked, still entrapping me between his arms. I tried to move out of the way but he only seemed to press his arms harder against the wall, moving his face closer to mine.