Chapter 37 - Awakenings

RECAP:

"Please, get off me, let me go." I whimpered, my tears falling one after the other creating a small pool of water on the floor.

I could feel my body giving into the drug that was beginning to course through my veins. I could feel my eye lids getting heavy.

Just before i went under i could've sworn that i saw her, standing behind them all at the end of the hall. Dressed in white with her black curls falling loosely by her face. It must've been my imagination playing tricks on me, but it felt so real, i could see her, for the first time since she passed. It was either a miracle or a trick of my mind , but it was her...

"Mum." I called out to her before the drug had won the battle over my body and took me under.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't want to wake up.

I could feel my body awakening but i only wished it hadn't. I didn't want to fight anymore, i didn't want to be here. I wanted to be with her....where i felt safe.

My eyes opened to an illuminating white room. The curtains were drawn and the sunlight was shining through, turning the whole room a bright white colour. Looking around i could see that i was back to square one, back in the bed stuck on the weird machines.

My vision had returned in my left eye, but it felt a little sore. The sharp shooting pain had returned when i tried to move my legs, i knew i shouldn't have really left my bed yesterday because i had hardly even healed, but i was scared, i'm always scared.

I turned my head to my left and could see him asleep by my bed with his head in his hands, maybe thinking maybe sleeping, the sunlight turning his hair a bright golden colour.

I sighed and tried to sit up, only i couldn't bring myself to move. It felt like i was being held down by weights or pressure, i couldn't move my body. Looking down at myself all i could see was the white hospital sheet covering me. My feet couldn't move either, it felt like i was tied up.

I tried to grasp the sheets with my fingers from under the blanket, just enough to see what was happening to me. I managed to move it enough, to pull it off my right side just a little, but enough for me to make out the brown leather buckles holding down my wrists.

They restrained me.

Before i even knew it i was crying, sobbing loudly, trying to untangle myself from the buckles, as if it was even possible.

He wasn't asleep. Well, he may have been but he suddenly woke up to the sound of me crying as i continued to pull at the restraints, my tears blocking my vision.

"Hey, hey, Hayley, it's okay it's alright." He said, his voice raspy like he had just woken up. He stood up off the chair and placed his hand on top of mine to in an attempt to calm me down.

I ignored him and kept prying at them, i could feel the friction of the material against my wrists burning my skin, but i didn't care. I just wanted to get as far away from this place as possible.

I looked up into Ashton's hazel eyes, for some sort of information as to why they felt the need to tie me up, like i was some sort of crazy person.

"You ripped your stitches, they felt it was necessary to stop you from hurting yourself, or lashing out on them."He explained, his eyes full of concern as my breathing remained unsteady.

I swallowed the lump in my throat enough to form a small sentence.

"I thought you left me." I mumbled, dropping my head back onto the pillow as I stopped pulling at the restraints realising it was hopeless.