Chapter 41 - Days

RECAP:

I kissed her.

I slowly brought my lips down on hers as she wrapped her other arm around my neck and propped herself on my lap, as i placed my hands on either sides of her waist closing the small space between us before she broke away a few seconds later staring at me with slightly tinted cheeks.

"I...i'm sor-"

I tried to say, but her lips reconnected with mine before i could finish.

"Don't be" she whispered after pulling away, taking her bottom lip between her teeth with her arms still wrapped around my neck.

She leaned in again and stole a kiss before opening her mouth to speak.

"Ashton, I-"

But she stopped when my phone began buzzing in my pocket. I gave her a sympathetic look as she climbed off me and i pulled out my phone and slid my finger across the screen to talk to Luke.

"Uh...hey man what's up?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 Week Later

Ashton's p.o.v.

Yawning and rubbing the sleep from my eyes i reached over and grabbed my phone from my desk to check the time. It was 09:36am. Groaning and rolling back over i caught a whiff of myself, man i needed a shower.

I stretched and sat up, another yawn escaping my lips before i got myself out of bed and grabbed my grey shower towel. I guessed Hayley would still be sleeping because it was pretty early, so i headed out of my room and went straight into the bathroom.

"ASHTON!" She screamed as i entered, gripping a towel tightly around her body, water dripping from the ends of her hair.

"Sorry, i, sor-"

"GET OUT, CLOSE YOUR EYES." she yelled, shuffling me out the door as i closed my eyes and backed up, causing me to bang my head on the door in the process.

"Ouch."

When i heard the door slam shut i knew it was safe to open my eyes again.

Man i wasn't expecting that first thing in the morning.

I headed back to my room and sat down on the bed, waiting for her to finish.

Things have been very awkward between us since the kiss. Neither of us brought it up but she seemed a little more weary of me, not wanting to get too close to me, i'm not sure if it was because she thought i just ignored her by answering my phone.

She spent a lot of time alone and in the bathroom, not wanting me to be around her. I figured i ruined the relationship that we had because i hardly got to see her anymore, she was always so secretive.

Sometimes i would hear her crying and all i wanted to do was go and comfort her, but i knew she didn't want that. She tossed and turned around a lot in her sleep too, every night i would head to the guest room and check on her, my own sense of paranoia taking over, but i just wanted to make sure she was alright.

About ten minutes later i heard the door open and her light footsteps pacing along the floor. I got up and headed towards the door, reaching to open it when it almost hit me in the face.

"Woah." I jumped back, as her small figure emerged wrapped in a white bathroom towel.

"Sorry. I...i left my clothes in here." She stuttered, looking up at me.