Letting Her Go

It was 8:30 Saturday morning and Karen had just woke up. She looked over at Jimi who was sound asleep and snoring up a storm. She laughed to herself and rolled out of bed. She went to check on Emma. She knocked on the door and when there was no answer she opened the door slightly to find Emma still asleep. Karen closed the door and went downstairs and started a pot of coffee. Then she decided to make breakfast. She wasn't sure what Emma likes so she made the works, pancakes, eggs and bacon.

Jimi woke up to the smell of breakfast and rolled out of bed and walked downstairs and saw Karen cooking up a storm. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Smells amazing babe" he told her. "Thanks, I wasn't sure what Emma likes so I just made everything" She replied. "I'm sure she will love it" Jimi stated. "I hope so" Karen said.

It was 9:15 and Emma woke up. She smelled something amazing. She got out of bed and walked downstairs to the kitchen. "Morning kiddo" Jimi said as he saw Emma walk into the kitchen. "Good morning" Emma replied. "I'm not sure what foods you like to eat so I made pancakes, eggs and bacon. There is also fruit, bagels, toast and cereal if you don't like it." Karen said. "I'll eat whatever I'm not picky" Emma told Karen. "Great, breakfast is almost done, Jimi can grab some plates, silverware and some cups?" Karen asked Jimi. "Sure" he replied. "Do you need any help?" Emma asked. "I've got everything under control, you can just have a seat at the table." Karen replied. "Ok" she replied back. Jimi set the table and filled everyone's glass with orange juice. Karen brought the food over to the table and they dug in and ate. "Hey Emma, I was thinking about doing some shopping today before our show at the opry tonight do you want to come with me?" Karen asked. "Um, sure, sounds like fun." Emma replied. "I'd watch out, Karen is a power shopper." Jimi stated and Karen nodded in agreement. Once they finished eating Jimi offered to clean the kitchen so the girls could get ready for their shopping day. Emma went upstairs she went into Karen and Jimi's room. "Is it alright if I take a shower?" Emma asked. "Of course sweetie, I'll show you where the towels and shampoo and conditioner are." Karen replied. They walked into the bathroom. Karen grabbed a towel and washcloth and handed it to Emma. Then she went to a different closet and had Emma pick out what shampoo, conditioner, and body wash she wanted to use. "Before you get in the shower how about we put a new Band-Aid to cover your stiches on your forehead. "Thank you" Emma said. "No problem." Karen replied. Karen walked back to her room to get ready for the day. Emma hopped in the shower. When she was done she turned off the water and wrapped the towel around herself. She got her toothbrush and toothpaste out of her backpack and brushed her teeth and then picked out her clothes for the day. She put on some jeans that had a hole in the knee from being worn so much, and a plain light blue V-neck t-shirt. She brushed out her hair and let it dry naturally. She walked out of the bathroom and put her backpack on her bed. She went downstairs and sat on the chair. Jimi just finished cleaning up the kitchen and came into the living room and sat down on the couch. Jimi and Emma were talking when Karen came downstairs. "Are you ready to go Emma?" Karen asked. "Yep." She replied. "Phillip and Schlap are coming over to watch the game in about an hour" Jimi told Karen. "Ok, just make sure you clean up after yourselves." Karen told Jimi. "Yes Mom." Jimi said in a five year old voice. Karen laughed then kissed him. "We're gonna head out." Karen said. "Alright have fun. I love you." Jimi said. "I love you too." Karen replied.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Karen and Emma got in the car. "I was thinking we could head over to the mall and then some smaller shops downtown." Karen told Emma. "Sounds good to me." Emma said. Karen started the car and pulled out of the drive way. She turned on the radio. The ride to the mall was fairly silent with some small talk. The got to the mall and Karen parked the car in the parking garage. They got out and walked down the stairs and across the street and entered the mall. The firs store they went into was Macy's. Karen found a pair of shoes, two pairs of jeans and a shirt. Emma was just following Karen around and Karen was asking for Emma's opinion on a few things. After Karen was done looking around she wanted to shop for Emma. "Emma did you see anything you like." Karen asked her. "I don't have any money." Emma said. "I can buy you whatever you want I don't mind." Karen said. "You don't have to do that" Emma said. "I want to" Karen said and smiled. "Alright" Emma said and smiled. They walked over to Emma's sizes. Karen picked out a few things for Emma to try on. "Aww that looks adorable on you!" Karen said as Emma walked out of the dressing room. "You think so?" Emma replied. "Absolutely." Karen said. Emma smiled and walked back into the dressing room and changed back into her clothes. Emma walked out to where Karen was sitting. "So do you want to get it?" Karen asked Emma. "I guess so" Emma replied smiling. "Alright lets checkout and head to the next store." Karen said. "Sounds good to me" Emma said. The checked out and went to a few other stores and then left the mall to go out to lunch. "What are you in the mood for" Karen asked Emma. "Um... how about Italian?" Asked Emma. "Sounds good to me." Karen replied. They went to Olive Garden. Once they were seated they ordered their drinks. Once the waitress came back they ordered their food. Karen ordered Chicken Alfredo and Emma ordered stuffed ravioli. "Are you having fun today?" Karen asked Emma. "Yeah! I have never been shopping before." Emma replied. "Are you serious?" Karen asked. "Yeah. Every once in a while, my foster mom Kelly takes me to a thrift store when I need new clothes because the clothes are cheap enough so she can pay for it in cash so my foster father won't know since he monitors her credit cards and gets mad if she buys stuff for me." Emma told Karen. Karen didn't say anything for a few minutes. "Well I'm glad you're having fun." Karen said. "Me too." Emma said smiling. "Thank you for taking me and buying me new clothes." Emma told Karen. "I have loved every minute of it" Karen said back. They finished their lunch and put what they couldn't finish in to-go boxes and then paid for their food. Once the waitress returned with Karen's credit card they left the restaurant and headed to the car to finish up their day of shopping. They hit a few stores downtown and it was about 3:30. They headed back home to get ready for the Opry. They got home and the football game had just ended and Phillip and Schlap were just leaving. "Hey did you ladies have fun?" Jimi asked. "Yeah" They said at the same time. "That's good" Said Jimi. "Emma we have to leave for the Opry in about an hour." Said Karen. "You're taking me to the Opry with you?" Emma asked excitedly. "Yeah" Jimi said. Emma went upstairs and set her new clothes on the bed and laid down for a little bit.