Leading up to the Talent Show

It is now the beginning of May on a Friday and Karen went to wake Emma up to get ready for school. Once Emma was ready she went downstairs by Karen and Jimi. "Good morning princess" Jimi said. "Morning Daddy" Emma said. "What would you like for breakfast" Jimi asked. "Can I have a bowl of cereal please?" Emma responded. "Lucky Charms or Honey Nut Cheerio's?" Jimi asked. "Lucky Charms" Emma replied then Jimi poured her a bowl and gave it to her and poured her a glass of orange juice. Emma was done eating and she cleared her dishes and grabbed her things for school. She gave Karen a hug "Have a good day sweetie" Karen said and gave her a kiss on the top of her head. "Thanks mama, I will try" Emma said and followed Jimi to the car.

Jimi pulled up to the school "Have a good day princess" Jimi said and Emma smiled and got out of the car. Jimi pulled out of the parking lot and drove home. He pulled in the garage and got out of the car and walked in the house and smelled something amazing. He walked in the kitchen and saw his wife cooking up a storm. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck. "Hey babe, what are you making that smells amazing?" Jimi asked. "Eggs, bacon, and hash browns" Karen replied smiling. "I can't wait" Jimi said. "It will be done in a minute. Can you grab some plates and glasses please?" Karen said and Jimi walked over to the cupboard and grabbed some plates and glasses and set them on the counter. Karen put some food on each of the plates and Jimi poured the orange juice and they sat down at the table. "This is great babe" Jimi said. "Thanks" Karen said and smiled. They finished up eating and they cleaned up the kitchen. Karen had plans with Kimberly for the afternoon and Jimi hung around the house until it was time to get Emma from school.

It was time to get Emma from school. Jimi was getting ready to leave "On your way home, can you stop and get some milk and eggs. We are almost out of both" Karen texted Jimi. "Sure thing babe" Jimi texted back.

Jimi pulled up to the school and Emma got in the car. "Hey kiddo, how was school?" Jimi asked as Emma buckled her seatbelt. "It was good" Emma said and Jimi smiled. "We have to stop and get some milk and eggs before we go home" Jimi stated. "Alright" Emma said. Jimi pulled into the parking lot of Whole Foods and they got out of the car. "What are we having for dinner?" Emma asked. "I'm not sure" Jimi said. "Why don't we figure something out and surprise Mom when she gets home?" Jimi proposed. "Yeah" Emma said with a smile. They picked up the milk and eggs along with the stuff for Karen's favorite dinner, chicken parmesan over fettuccini Alfredo. The two of them checked out and headed home.

Once they got home, they unloaded the car. Karen wasn't going to be home until dinner, so the two of them started cooking. Once dinner was almost done Emma set the table. Karen came home and walked in the kitchen. "Wow you two. This looks amazing." She said and gave Emma a kiss on the top of her head and walked over to Jimi and wrapped her arms around his waist. "We wanted to surprise you" Emma said. "Well, you defiantly did" Karen replied. "What did I do to deserve you two" Karen said and kissed Jimi. Jimi finished up dinner and placed it on the table and everyone sat down and ate. "So Em, are you excited for the talent show next Friday?" Karen asked. "Yeah, but I'm a little nervous." Emma said. "You will be great, everyone gets a little nervous sometimes." Jimi said. "Do you guys get nervous when you perform on the award shows and concerts and stuff?" Emma asked. "Yeah" They both said at the same time. "Really, because when I saw you guys perform at the ACM's you didn't look nervous at all" Emma said. "We were, we just did a really good job of hiding it" Karen said and they all laughed. They finished up dinner and Jimi offered to clean the kitchen himself. Karen and Emma went and sat on the couch in the living room and put in a movie and Jimi joined them when he was done. They had a quiet movie night together. Jimi and Karen took over the couch. Jimi had his back against the armrest and his feet on the couch and Karen was laying between his legs with her back against his chest and his arms around her. Emma built herself a little bed out of blankets and pillows. They watched "Finding Nemo" and "Sweet Home Alabama" before they decided to call it a night. Emma fell asleep on her bed of blankets about halfway through "Sweet Home Alabama" and by the end of the movie Karen was asleep in Jimi's arms. The movie was over and Jimi was still awake, but he didn't want to wake his sleeping wife and daughter. He slowly and carefully maneuvered himself out from behind Karen, trying his best not to wake her. He picked Emma up and carried her up to her room and put her in her bed and gave her a kiss on her forehead and tucked her in. Then he walked back downstairs to his wife, who was still asleep on the couch. He picked her up bridal style and carried her up to their room. He carefully laid her in the bed and then climbed in next to her. She was still asleep, but rolled over and cuddled up next to him and Jimi gave her a kiss on her forehead and drifted off.