Moving On

A few months later, Elijah is six months old and Emma is thirteen. Elijah has finally started to sleep through the night. It was around 7:30 in the morning when Karen heard Elijah squawking in the baby monitor. She went to go get him up and dressed for the day, but she heard someone walk into his room. "Hi sweet baby" She heard Emma say. Karen sat in her bed for a minute. "You are up bright and early this morning" Emma continued. Karen smiled at what she heard. She continued to get out of bed and turned the monitor off and quietly walked down the hall. She peeked into Elijah's room and Emma was changing his diaper. "Morning sweetheart" Karen said and walked into the room. "Morning Mama" Emma replied. "You're doing a pretty good job" Karen said and walked up behind her. "I learned from the best" Emma said and looked up at Karen. Karen walked over to his dresser and picked him out an outfit and brought it over to Emma. "Do you want to get him dressed or do you want me to?" Karen asked. "I can do it" Emma said and started getting Elijah dressed.

When Emma was done she picked Elijah up and started walking down the hall with Karen following. They walked down the stairs and Emma set Elijah down on the carpet in the living room. They are trying to work on crawling with him. Elijah rolled onto his tummy and was giggling at the faces Emma was making. He started flapping his arms and kicking his legs. He was sort of slithering his way closer to Emma. "Mama look!" Emma yelled toward the Kitchen. Karen looked up "He's sort of crawling" Emma said and giggled. "Yeah he is" Karen said with a huge smile on her face.

A few minutes later, Jimi came downstairs. "Good morning princess" Jimi said and leaned down and kissed the top of her head. "Morning Daddy" Emma replied. "Good morning little man" Jimi said and kissed the top of his head as well. He made his way into the kitchen by his wife. "Good morning babe" Jimi said and kissed her. "Morning" Karen said and smiled. "Did you have any nightmares last night?" Jimi asked her quietly. "For once I didn't" Karen said. "That's good" Jimi said and smiled at her and wrapped his arms around her waist. Ever since Karen's stalker showed up, she has been having nightmares about him kidnapping her or having flashbacks of the whole thing. "It's finally going away" Karen whispered. "I'm glad" Jimi whispered back and kissed her cheek. Karen finished making Elijah's baby cereal. "Can you make Emma some breakfast?" Karen asked Jimi. "Sure, do you know what she wants?" Jimi asked. "She said she wanted eggs" Karen replied. "Eggs it is" Jimi said.

"Hey Em, can you bring Elijah in here and put him in his high chair please?" Karen asked. "Ok" Emma said and picked Elijah up and brought him into the kitchen and set him in his chair. "Could I try feeding him today?" Emma asked Karen as she brought over the bowl. "You can feed him until Dad is done making your eggs, then you need to eat" Karen said. "Ok" Emma said excitedly and Karen handed her the bowl. She scooped a little bit on the tiny spoon and fed it to him. Of course he moved his head so most of the cereal went all over his face. Emma scraped hit off his face with the spoon and fed it to him. A few minutes later Jimi finished her eggs. "Emma your eggs are done" Jimi said as he was serving them on a plate. "Ok" Emma said and handed the spoon over to Karen. Emma went over to the counter and sat down. Jimi put the plate in front of her. "Thanks Daddy" Emma said and started eating. "Do you want some orange juice?" Jimi asked her. "Sure" Emma said and Jimi poured her a glass. "Babe, what do you want for breakfast?" Jimi asked Karen. "I'm not really hungry" Karen said. "How about I make you a piece of toast?" Jimi suggested. "You should really eat something" Jimi said. "A piece of toast is fine" Karen said and scooped another spoonful into Elijah's mouth. "One piece of toast coming right up" Jimi said. He put the piece of bread in the toaster. The he walked over to the coffee pot and refilled his mug then walked over to Karen's and filled hers up as well. "Thank you" Karen said and smiled at him. "You're welcome" Jimi said and returned the smile. Karen's toast was done and Jimi walked over to the toaster and pulled it out and set it on a plate. He grabbed the butter and spread it on the toast. Then he walked over to Karen and set it down next to her. "Thanks babe" Karen said and fed Elijah another bite. Jimi kissed the top of her head. Karen finished feeding Elijah then started eating her toast. "I can get him cleaned up" Jimi said. "Thank you" Karen said with her mouth full. Jimi pulled out the tray and picked Elijah up. He walked him over to the sink and had him sit on the counter. He grabbed a clean washcloth and wiped his face down. Elijah thought it was hilarious every time Jimi put the washcloth over his face and pulled it away.