It's Summertime

June

The next day was the day of the CMT Awards. Jimi and Karen decided to take Emma with them. Emma didn't know that she was going yet. Karen bought Emma a dress the week before. It was around 8:30 that morning. Karen was facing Jimi, Emma was in between them cuddled up next to Karen while Jimi had his arm around the two of them. Karen started to wake up. She looked down at Emma and brushed the hair out of Emma's face. Then Emma started to stir. She slowly opened her eyes. "Good morning sleepy head." Karen whispered. "Morning Mama" Emma said. "What time do you guys have to leave for the award show?" Emma asked. "Everyone is coming over at 1:00 to get ready then we are all leaving at 4:00" Karen replied. "So is Shaina coming over then?" Emma asked. "No she's not" Karen replied. "So, who's gonna babysit me?" Emma asked. "No one because you are coming with us" Karen said then Emma sat up. "Really?" She asked excitedly. "Yeah" Karen said. "You said I couldn't go to the last two award shows because they would get done really late." Emma said. "The last two award shows were on school nights and we didn't want you to be up that late" Karen said. "Are you going to help me pick out something to wear?" Emma asked. "Actually, I bought you a dress last week" Karen said. "It's hanging up in the closet over there" Karen said and pointed in the direction of the closet. Emma laid back down and gave Karen a hug "You are the best mommy ever" Emma said. "You're the best daughter ever" Karen said and kissed her forehead. "Why don't we get up and make breakfast and let Daddy sleep a little longer" Karen said and they quietly shuffled out of bed and went downstairs.

The walked into the kitchen and Karen started a pot of coffee. "What should we make for breakfast?" Karen asked. "I'm in the mood for scrambled eggs and hash browns" Emma replied. "Sounds good to me" Karen said then the two of them started cooking. Karen shredded the potatoes and cut up the peppers and onions for the eggs while Emma mixed the eggs up in a bowl. Jimi woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking. He followed the smell to the kitchen. "Good morning my loves" Jimi said and gave Karen and Emma kisses on their cheeks. Karen and Emma finished up breakfast and Jimi set the table. Then they all sat down and ate together. When they were done Jimi offered to clean the kitchen so Emma and Karen could get ready before the hair and makeup people got there.

It was 1:00 and everyone started to arrive to get ready. Karen, Kimberly, Rebecca and Emma got ready in the living room while Jimi, Schlap and Phillip hung out in the basement. It took the girls the full three hours to get ready. It was 3:30 and the boys decided to go upstairs and get dressed. Everyone was ready and they took a few pictures before heading to the red carpet.

Jimi and Karen took a lot of pictures with each other, with the band and with Emma. Emma was having a blast. After pictures on the Red Carpet everyone went to find their seats. The band was performing that night. The show started and everyone was watching the opening performance. Then the hosts came out and started the show. A little while in Jimi, Karen, Phillip and Kimberly went to go get ready for their performance. "Em, you are going to stay here with Becky and Schlap and we will be back when we are done" Karen said. "Ok, good luck" Emma said and Karen smiled and walked away with the rest of the band.

It was time for Little Big Town to perform. They performed "Good Lord Willing" and did amazing. Once they were done they did a quick meeting with the press then went back to their seats. "You guys did so good" Emma said as Jimi and Karen sat back down on each side of her "Well, thank you sweetheart" Karen said and gave her a side hug. The award show finished up and then they headed home to get some sleep before CMA Fest the next day.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

It was the first day of CMA Fest and Little Big Town organized a charity ride for cancer. During the ride Emma stayed back with Daisy and Penelopi while Shaina watched them. The ride went great and now they were having some people perform before CMA Fest started.