Bad Decisions

It was Sunday, June 2nd. Emma was on the phone with Cassie. "So do you think your parents would let you stay overnight at my house on Tuesday?" Cassie asked. "I think they would since it is the last day of school." Emma replied. "Lexie and Kaylee are coming over too" Cassie said. "Lexie and Kaylee are in high school. How did you get them to come over to your house?" Emma asked. "They live down the street from me and we used to have playdates together all the time when we were younger." Cassie said. "That's cool. I'll call you later when I get an answer" Emma said. "Alright, talk to you later" Cassie said and they hung up the phone.

Karen and Jimi were in the living room sitting on the couch. Karen was cuddled up next to Jimi and he had his arm around her. Emma walked in and stood in front of them silently for a few seconds. "What do you need sweetie" Karen asked. "So....Umm... I was on the phone with Cassie" Emma started. "Yeah... and..." Karen said. "And she asked me if I could go over to her house after school and spend the night." The living room was silent for a minute. "So... what do you think?" Emma asked. Karen and Jimi looked at each other. "Ummm... I guess it's ok if you spend the night at Cassie's house" Karen said and smiled. "Thank you!" Emma said and gave them both a hug and went upstairs to call Cassie. "Hey, my parents said yes!" Emma said over the phone. "Awesome!" Cassie said back. The girls talked on the phone for a little while.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

It was Tuesday morning and Karen went over to Emma's room and sat down on her bed. "Good morning sweetheart. Time to get up" Karen said. "It's your last day of school" Karen said. "And then I never have to go back there ever again" Emma said as she rolled over to face Karen. "That's a way to look at it" Karen said and laughed then Emma got out of bed and went to take a shower. When she was done getting ready she grabbed her backpack she was taking over to Cassie's and went downstairs for breakfast.

Karen made chocolate chip pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Emma sat down at the counter. "Here you go sweetie" Karen said and put a plate of food in front of her. "Thanks Mama" Emma said and started eating. When Emma was done eating she grabbed her things. "Have fun today sweetie. Here is my phone. If you need anything just give us a call ok. Here is some money in case if you go to a movie or get ice cream or something. I will pick you up at Cassie's tomorrow morning. I love you baby" Karen said and gave her a hug and a kiss on her cheek. "I love you too Mama" Emma said and her and Jimi got in the car and headed to school.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Jimi pulled up to the school "Have a good day kiddo, love you" Jimi said. "Love you too" Emma said and got out of the car and walked in the school. She found Cassie as soon as she walked in. They didn't have any of their normal classes. The school had a last day assembly and they sat next to each other. School was done and the girls walked to Cassie's house. Emma hasn't been over to Cassie's house since she moved in with Karen and Jimi.

They got to Cassie's house and Lexie and Kaylee met them there. Lexie and Kaylee are sisters. Lexie is 16 and Kaylee is 14. The four of them decided to go out to lunch and hang out at the park. They hung out there until it was time for dinner. Cassie's mom ordered pizza and the girls ate then Lexie suggested that they go see a movie. The four of them got into Lexie's car and headed to the movie theater. After the movie they went to get ice cream. They ordered and sat down and ate. Then Lexie's boyfriend walked in and sat down next to them. "Hey Josh" Lexie said. Josh is a senior in high school with some college friends who are in a fraternity. "So some of my college buddies are having a party tonight. You wanna come?" He asked Lexie. "Only if these guys can come" Lexie said. "Yeah you guys can all come" He said. "Lex you can follow me there" He said. "Sounds good, we'll see you there" Lexie said. "I don't think this is a good idea" Emma whispered to Cassie. "Relax it will be fun" Cassie replied and they got into Lexie's car and followed Josh to the party.