Happy Anniversary

It was Wednesday, May 29th. Jimi was on the phone with Kimberly on his way to pick Emma up from school. "Hey Kim, can you do me a huge favor, well two huge favors?" Jimi asked. "Of course! What do you need?" Kimberly responded. "Could you and Rebecca keep Karen occupied on Friday afternoon until about 5:00 and could you possibly pick Emma up from school on Friday as well and keep her over night?" Jimi asked. "Yes, of course!" Kimberly replied. "Big plans with Karen I assume?" Kimberly said. "Yeah" Jimi said. "Hopefully she doesn't get mad at me for sending Emma to your house without permission" Jimi said and laughed. "I'm sure she will be fine with it" Kimberly said. "Sooooo what are your big plans?" Kimberly asked. "Well first I am going to make dinner at home. I am going to decorate the boat with white lights and candles and take her out on the lake." Jimi said while smiling. "Awww Jimi she will love that" Kimberly replied. "Me too. So you will take Karen for the afternoon and pick Emma up from school?" Jimi asked again. "Don't worry! I will call Rebecca and figure out something." Kimberly said. "Thank you so much Kim" Jimi said. "My pleasure" Kimberly said and then they hung up the phone. Jimi pulled up to the school and Emma climbed in with a bunch of stuff. "What is all of this?" Jimi asked. "The teachers are having us clean out our lockers since school is going to be done next Tuesday. "I see" Jimi said. "So, how do you feel about spending the night at Kimberly's on Friday?" Jimi asked. "For real?" Emma asked. "Yeah" Jimi said and let out a small laugh. "I am defiantly ok with it! I love going over to Kimberly's!" Emma said and Jimi laughed. "Well, I'm glad" Jimi replied. "Why am I spending the night at Kimberly's?" Emma asked. "I'm surprising Mom for our second wedding anniversary." Jimi said and smiled at her. "Ahhh I see. So what are your plans?" Emma asked. "You are just like Kimberly" Jimi said and laughed as well as Emma. "I'm going to make her favorite dinner, then I am going to decorate the boat with white lights and candles and take her out on the lake" Jimi said. "I think she will like that" Emma said smiling. They pulled into the garage. "Not a word of this to your mother" Jimi said seriously. "Your secret is safe with me" Emma said and got out of the car and walked into the house.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

It was Friday May 31st. It was 6:15 am and Jimi and Karen were still in bed. Jimi just woke up and rolled over to see his wife still asleep. He smiled then wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer then kissed her on her temple. Karen slowly opened her eyes and looked up at Jimi. "Happy Anniversary babe" Jimi said and gave her a kiss on the lips. "Happy Anniversary" Karen replied and smiled at him. They laid there together until the alarm went off. When it did Karen climbed out of bed and got dressed and went over to Emma's room and woke her up. Emma got out of bed right away and Karen laid out an outfit for her to wear. Once Karen left the room, Jimi came in. "Did you pack an overnight bag yet?" Jimi asked. "I was just about to." Emma replied and walked over to her closet and threw an outfit in there and a fresh pair of pajamas in a backpack, then went to her bathroom and took a shower and got ready. When she was ready for the day she packed her toothbrush and hairbrush in her overnight backpack then went downstairs and set the bag behind the bench by the door so it was hidden from Karen. Jimi poured Emma a bowl of cereal and gave it to her. Emma finished eating and grabbed her things for school. "Bye sweetie. Have a good day I love you" Karen said and gave her a hug and a kiss on her cheek. "Bye Mama, I love you too" Emma said and walked over to the door and grabbed her overnight bag and climbed in the car.

Jimi pulled up to the school. "Alright, Kimberly is going to pick you up from school today. I am going to drop your backpack off right now and Mom and I will pick you up at Kimberly's tomorrow. I love you, princess" Jimi said and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "I love you too, daddy" Emma said and climbed out of the car and went into the school. Then Jimi drove over to Kimberly's.