It All Started with a Trip to the Hospital

It was now October of 2013, about two weeks away from Halloween. Karen and Jimi and finally found a house that they think is the perfect house. They want to put an offer on it, but want to wait until they show Emma and Elijah. The kids have seen pictures of the house online, but haven't seen it in person.

It was about 9:30 in the morning and they have all just eaten breakfast. They were sitting in the living room. Elijah went over to the closet and grabbed his art supplies. "Emma, want to color with me?" he asked his older sister. "Sure bud" Emma said. Elijah laid out all of his stuff. He gave Emma a Mickey Mouse coloring book and he picked a Jake and the Neverland Pirates one. They both laid on their stomachs and started coloring. "At the new house, can I have a coloring room?" Elijah asked. "If we get the house, we can put a coloring table in the toy room" Karen said. "That'll work" Elijah said and went back to his coloring. The other three laughed at the little boy's comment. "What time are we seeing the house?" Emma asked. "1:00" Jimi replied. They hung out in the living room for the next few hours.

12:30 rolled around and they got ready to leave to go see the house. They all got into the car and Jimi drove them over. He pulled up next to the house. They met the realtor at the end of the driveway. Karen introduced Emma and Elijah to him. They followed him into the house. "Wow, it's huge" Emma said as they walked in. "I like it. Let's get it" she added. "Em, we've only been through the front door" Karen said with a giggle. They realtor took them on a tour of the downstairs. There were a few things that needed to be fixed up. Karen had the entire layout of what she wanted done all in her head. "This fireplace is bigger than the one we have at home" Elijah said as they walked into the living room.

"Over here E, this would be your toy room." Jimi said. "Oooo let me see!" Elijah said and ran over to Jimi. He walked into the room. "It's HUGE" Elijah said with his arms out wide. "You like it?" Jimi asked. "YES!" Elijah replied. "Let's go look upstairs" The realtor said.

They all followed him up the stairs. "I really like this a lot" Emma said as they reached the top. "We were thinking this would be your room" They said as they reached the first bedroom. "Wow, this is gigantic. It's even bigger than my room now" She said and walked inside. "Is that a full bathroom?" She asked in amazement as she was looking around. "Yep" Karen said. "That's awesome!" she said. Then they moved onto the next bedroom. "This one would be yours E" Karen said. "I like it" he said. There were three more bedrooms to look at. "Would those be guest bedrooms?" Emma asked. "Yep" Jimi said. "And here is the master" The realtor said. "Holy cow, this is ginormous" Emma said. "Take a look at the bathroom" Jimi said. Emma and Elijah walked over to the attached bathroom. There was a Jacuzzi bathtub and a separate walk in shower. There was tons of storage. "You're gonna have to share this bathtub" Emma said. "We'll see about that" Jimi said and laughed.

"Let's take a look at the backyard" The realtor said. "Emma, I think you will like what you see" he added. "I can't wait" she said. They all followed him down the stairs and to the back patio. They walked outside. "Is that a pool?" Emma asked. "It is" Karen said. Emma looked at her parents. "You have to buy this house!" Emma said excitedly.

They finished the tour of the house and then left. They arrived back home and walked inside. "So, what do you guys think of the house?" Jimi asked Emma and Elijah. "I really like it a lot" Emma said. "I really, really, REALLY like it" Elijah said. "Good, because we think we're going to put an offer on it" Karen said. "Do it" Emma said and Jimi and Karen laughed.

.................................................................................................................................

It is now October 31st, Halloween. Elijah picked the family costumes this year. He wanted everyone to be Peter Pan themed. Elijah went as Peter Pan, Emma went as Tinker Bell, Jimi went as Captain Hook and Karen went as Wendy.