Skipping Ahead

It is now 2013. Little Big Town has gone on their first headlining tour and have released the album "Tornado" that has sold millions of copies. People are constantly stopping them on the street and asking them for pictures.

Elijah just turned three years old and Emma is about to turn sixteen. She has her temps and is going to get her driver's license. She is constantly bugging her parents to take her driving. Emma is a typical teenager who wants to hang out with her friends. Her best friend is Gracie McGraw who is Tim McGraw and Faith Hill's daughter. The girls spend tons of time together doing typical girl things. Karen and Jimi are also looking into buying a new house that is bigger and has a bigger yard and more space. They have been house hunting for a while and just can't find the perfect place that they can call home.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

It is around 5:00 on a Monday night. The band had just arrived back in Nashville from a weekend full of shows. They have the week off before they go back out on the road. Karen, Jimi, Emma and Elijah had just arrived home and are unpacking.

Karen was downstairs doing a load of laundry. Jimi was upstairs with Elijah helping him put away his things. Emma had just finished unpacking and walked downstairs by Karen. She found her in the laundry room. "Hey Mama, can you take me driving pleeease?" she asked in an innocent sounding voice. "Sweetie, we just got home twenty minutes ago. I have a few things to do. If I have time later I can take you. Or you can ask your Dad" Karen said. "Ok, I'll go ask Dad" Emma said and walked back up the stairs.

She went into Elijah's room. "Hey Daddy, can you take me driving when you're done?" She asked with puppy dog eyes. Elijah stomped over to her. "You said you would play dinosaur's wif me when we got home." "I promise I will play with you before you go to bed" Emma said. "Pwamise" Elijah said and stuck his pinky out. "Promise" Emma said and linked her pinky with his and they shook. "Yes, I can take you" Jimi said, giving in and smiling at the two of them. "Thank you, Daddy" Emma said and hugged him.

"Elijah, why don't you go downstairs by Mama and play" Jimi said. "Ok" Elijah said and grabbed some of his toys. They walked down the stairs and into the living room. Elijah started playing. Emma and Jimi went over to the laundry room to find Karen. "Babe, I'm gonna take Emma driving" Jimi said. "You gave in?" Karen said and smirked at him. "She gave me the puppy dog eyes that are impossible to say no to" Jimi said. "Works every time" Emma said with a smile. Jimi gave Emma a small push "Go get in the car" he said. Emma giggled and grabbed the keys and headed over to the garage door. "We'll be back in about an hour" Jimi said and kissed Karen. "Make sure you come back in one piece" Karen said. "I heard that!" Emma yelled from the living room. Jimi and Karen laughed. "See you in a bit" Jimi said and gave her another kiss and walked over to Emma. "Bye Daddy! Bye Emma!" Elijah said and waved. "Bye dude" Emma said and waved. "Bye little man" Jimi said and kissed him on the top of his head. Then Emma and Jimi left.

Now Karen was in the kitchen starting dinner. "E, what should we for dinner?" "Chicken nuggets and French fries" Elijah responded. Karen giggled. "We can't have chicken nuggets and French fries again" she said. "But they're my favowite" he said. "I know they are, but you had them for lunch. How about we have spaghetti instead?" Karen said. "Fine" Elijah said giving in. Karen laughed. "Do you want to help me make the spaghetti?" she asked. "Yes, yes, yes!" Elijah said excitedly.

He ran into the kitchen to his mom. "Grab your step stool" Karen said. He went over to the corner of the kitchen and pulled out his step stool and brought it over to where Karen was standing. She helped him unfold it and he climbed up. "What should I do Mama?" he asked her. Karen grabbed a cookie sheet and sprayed it with cooking spray. She pulled out the garlic bread from the freezer and unwrapped it. She laid them out on the counter. "You can lay out the garlic bread on the tray" Karen said. "Ok" Elijah said and started on his task.