He's Home

It has been three days since Karen had Elijah. The doctor was giving them both one last check-up before she discharged them both. "Everything looks good for Elijah. You guys are all set to take him home" The doctor said and smiled at them. "Thank you" Karen said. "Do you have everything you need?" The doctor asked. "Yep, we have everything we need at home and Jimi just went out to the car to get the car seat" Karen said. "Alright sounds good. I just need you to sign the discharge papers for you and Elijah" The doctor said. "Ok" Karen said and she signed all the papers she needed to. Jimi came back in the hospital with the car seat. Karen stood up and the doctor handed her Elijah and she strapped him in his car seat. "Congratulations you guys" The doctor said. "Thank you" Jimi and Karen both said. Then the doctor left the room to get Karen a wheel chair. "Are you ready to go home?" Jimi asked Karen. "Yes, I can't wait to sleep in my own bed" Karen said and giggled. "I don't know how much sleep you are gonna be getting in that bed, but it will be nice having you next to me again" Jimi said and smiled and kissed her cheek. The doctor came back in with a wheel chair. "Here you go Karen" The doctor said. "Do I really have to do this, I am perfectly capable of walking" Karen said. "It's hospital policy" The doctor said and smiled. "Ok, fine" Karen said and sat down. Jimi started pushing her out to the car and the doctor stayed back with Elijah until Jimi came back. "Jimi I can get myself into the car" Karen said. "Alright, alright" Jimi said. "Go get our baby" Karen said as she climbed up in the car. "Alright, I'll be right back" Jimi said and wheeled the chair back into the hospital. Then he came back out with Elijah. Jimi strapped the car seat in the car and closed the door. Then he got in the driver's seat and started the car. "He's finally coming home" Jimi said and reached for Karen's hand. Karen smiled at him and squeezed his hand.

Jimi passed the road to turn to Kimberly's. "Babe, aren't we picking up Emma?" Karen said. "Kimberly is dropping her off at the house" Jimi replied. "Oh, ok" Karen said. About 15 minutes later Jimi pulled into the driveway and drove into the garage. Kimberly's car was parked in the driveway. He walked over to Karen's side and helped her down, then he went and unbuckled Elijah's car seat and carried it inside. Karen walked in first and Emma came running up to her. "Mama" Emma said and ran up to her and gave her a hug. "Hi baby" Karen said hugging her back. "Were you good for Kim?" Karen asked. "Yeah she was great. She was a big help too. She helped cook dinner and took Daisy to the park a few times" Kimberly said. "Well that's good to hear" Karen said. "Where's Daddy and Elijah?" Emma asked. "Daddy is bringing him in" Karen replied. Jimi walked in. "And this is your home little man" Jimi said as he walked in with Elijah. Jimi brought him into the living room and set him down on the floor and covered him in a blanket. "Come here princess" Jimi said and Emma ran up to him and gave him a hug and Jimi picked her up. "You have no idea how much we missed you" Jimi said and kissed her forehead. "I missed you guys too" Emma said and Jimi put her down. "I'm gonna get going before Daisy thinks I forgot about her" Kimberly said and everyone laughed. "Thank you again Kim for taking him for the last few days" Karen said. "It's not a problem we love having her over." Kimberly said.

Elijah started to wake up in his seat. Karen went over to him and unbuckled him from his car seat. She picked him up and cradled him in her arms. She bounced him around a little and gave him a kiss on his forehead. She went and sat down on the couch and Emma walked over to her and sat down next to her and rested her head on her shoulder. "I'm really glad you guys are home now. I missed you" Emma said. "I missed you too much being in that hospital" Karen said and kissed the top of her head that was still resting on her shoulder. "What do you ladies want for lunch?" Jimi asked. "It doesn't matter to me" Karen said. "Can we order pizza?" Emma asked. "Sure" Jimi said and he pulled out his phone and ordered a large pizza.

........................................................................................................................................................................................