The Big Announcement

"I'm actually going to have a little brother" Emma said with excitement while sitting on Karen's lap at the kitchen table. "Yeah, you are" Karen replied and gave her a small squeeze. "So.... Do I get to eat these cookies ooorr...?" Emma asked. Jimi and Karen giggled. "Yeah, they're yours. You can do whatever you want with them." Jimi said and Emma grabbed one and took a bite. "I can't wait for him to be here" Emma said. "We can't either princess" Jimi sad and kissed the top of her head. "Do you want some lunch sweetie?" Karen asked. "Yeah, I'm getting kinda hungry" Emma said. "How about some Mac and Cheese?" Karen suggested. "Yes, please" Emma replied and climbed off Karen's lap.

"Tell me about your morning with Daddy" Karen said as she filled the pot up with water. Emma climbed up on a stool at the counter and began to tell her about her morning. "First we went and got all you can eat pancakes at that new restaurant on Broadway. Then we went to the really big splash pad with the slides at the castle park." Emma said. "I tried to get Daddy to go down the slide with me, but he was too chicken" Emma added and looked over at Jimi. "I was not too chicken. I just didn't want to get wet" Jimi said trying to defend himself. "Yeah, I'm sure that was it" Karen said sarcastically with a laugh. "Was it busy since it is so hot outside?" Karen asked. "It wasn't too bad" Jimi said. "And I met this boy who showed me the fastest way to go down the slides." Emma said, sounding a little excited. "Oh, there was a boy huh?" Karen said with a smirk on her face. Jimi's head shot up from his laptop screen. "What boy?!" Jimi asked really fast. Emma and Karen looked at him and Karen let out a small laugh. "His name was Adam. He he's the one with the brown hair and blue swim trunks I was hanging out with almost the entire time" Emma said trying to get him to remember, but Jimi was clueless. "Was he cute?" Karen asked. "Yeah, kinda" Emma replied shyly. "How old is this boy?" Jimi asked. "He's 12" Emma said. "He's too old for you" Jimi said in a seriously. "Jimi, she's 12" Karen said. "They're the same age" Karen finished and laughed. Jimi shot her a look that made Karen laugh even more. "Well, I don't like him" Jimi said. "Jimi you don't even know who he is" Karen said while still laughing. "I don't need to know him. I just know I don't like him" Jimi stated, matter-of-factly, and continued working on his laptop. Karen rolled her eyes and stirred the noodles. Karen found it hilarious how Jimi jumped in over protective father mode. "Babe, what are you gonna do when she starts dating?" Karen asked. His head shot up again. "She won't be dating until she's 30" Jimi stated. Karen and Emma just laughed. Karen stirred in the cheese, milk and butter then served it in a bowl for Emma to eat.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Jimi was still sitting on his laptop, "Hey babe, when do you want to tell our parents, and everyone else about the baby?" Jimi asked. "I was thinking we could do it by showing everyone the video of Emma finding out. We could send it to our parents then call them to hear their reactions and we could show the band when we go back out on the road on Thursday." Karen said. "Do you want to tell our parent's now?" Jimi asked. "Let's do it" Karen said. Jimi attached the video to an email on his phone then sent it to Karen's parent's first while Karen called them up. "Hello" Karen's Mom answered. "Hey Mom" Karen said. "Oh hey sweetheart, how have you been?" Karen's mom replied. "Really good!" Karen said. "That's good to hear, how's my sweet Emma doing?" Her mom asked. "Emma's been good, she met a cute boy today at the splash pad" Karen said. Karen's mom laughed "Before you know it she's going to be 16 and driving off to be with the boys" Her mom said and Karen laughed. "It sent" Jimi whispered. "Mom, Jimi just sent you this super cute video of Emma to your email. You and Dad need to watch it" Karen said then she heard her mom call for her dad and he came over to the phone. He pulled up the email and started watching the video. Karen head her phone on speaker so everyone could hear. "Is this from Emma's birthday?" Her mom asked. "It's from this morning" Karen replied. They kept watching the video. "Don't say anything until the whole video is over" Karen said. Then she heard her mom gasp over the phone. Then a few seconds later she heard her screaming and jumping. "Baby, you're pregnant?!" Her mom screamed over the phone. "Yeah, Mama, I am. With a baby boy." Karen said with tears in her eye. "I am so happy for you!" Her mom said with a tearful voice. "Congratulations baby girl" Her Dad said. "How far along are you?" Her mom asked. "17 weeks" Karen stated. "And you waited this long to tell me?" Her mom said. "We wanted to wait until we found out the sex before we told anyone" Karen said. "We are so happy for you two" Her mom said. They talked for a little while longer before hanging up the phone.