Unexpected

It was a week after Karen and Jimi's anniversary. It was 8:00 that morning. Karen wasn't feel all that well. She went over to Emma's room to wake her up. "Emma time to wake up sweetie" Karen said. Emma got out of bed and got in the shower. Karen grabbed her sheets off her bed and put them in the basket. Karen walked downstairs and put everyone's sheets into the laundry room. Jimi walked over to Karen. "Babe I'm gonna head over to Phillip's and we are going to the shooting range" Jimi said and gave her a kiss. "Alright. I love you. Be safe" Karen said. "I will. I love you too" Jimi said and left. Emma was ready for the day. She walked downstairs and walked into the kitchen. "What do you want for breakfast?" Karen asked. "Eggs please" Emma said. Karen got out the eggs and mixed them up in a bowl. She then poured the mixture into a pan. The eggs started cooking and the smell was really getting to Karen. Luckily Emma was in the living room watching some TV so she didn't see her run into the bathroom and threw up. Karen didn't think anything of it. She just thought she had some stomach bug. When she was done she rinsed her mouth out with some water and went back into the kitchen to finish Emma's breakfast. "Em, your eggs are ready. Turn the TV off and come eat" Karen called from the kitchen. Emma did as she was told and walked into the kitchen and sat down and started eating. Emma finished up and cleared her dishes. Maggie was coming over to do their last day of homeschooling before summer break. The doorbell rang. "I'll get it" Emma said and ran over to the door. She opened it and it was Maggie. The two of them walked into the kitchen and started on their lessons.

Karen had washed everyone's sheets and was upstairs making the beds. She walked into her bathroom and switched out the dirty towels with some clean towels. Then she saw an unopened box of tampons. Karen pulled out her phone and saw the date. She looked up and saw herself in the mirror and her heart was racing. Karen knew exactly what was happening. Her and Jimi haven't talked about this since Emma came into their lives. She had to make sure before she brought anything up with Jimi.

Karen went downstairs by Emma and Maggie. "I have to go to the store to get a few things. I'll be back in a little bit" Karen told them. "Alright" Emma and Maggie said and Karen grabbed her purse and headed out the door. She got in the car and drove to the store.

While in the store, she grabbed a few other things before she got what she really came there for. She grabbed everything she needed and proceeded to the check out. After she paid she headed home. She went upstairs right away to her bathroom. She pulled out the four boxes and followed the directions on the box. When she was done she set a timer for 5 minutes and waited. The timer went off and she stood there for a minute, afraid to look at what was in front of her. She finally looked down. Four positives. Karen was pregnant.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Karen has always wanted kids. Her and Jimi talked about it when they first got married, but thought it was too soon to have kids since their career was just taking off. Then Emma showed up that night with a huge cut on her forehead and gushing blood. In that moment that little girl stole her heart and she knew she was destined to be Emma's mom. She thought about having a baby a little bit, but she thought their life was perfect just the way it was even if Emma wasn't biologically theirs. Biology didn't matter to them.

Karen sat in the bathroom for a little bit taking in everything that was happening. She was wondering how Jimi would react. All sorts of different scenarios were going through her head, a lot of them were negative and Karen started to freak out a little. She decided she needed to make a doctor's appointment before she says anything to Jimi just to make sure she was actually pregnant. She called her doctor and made an appointment for the next day at 10:00.