Back on the Road

It is now the middle of June. Elijah is three months old and Little Big Town just released their new album "The Reason Why". They are starting their summer schedule of dates in the upcoming weekend. It is Wednesday and Jimi and Karen were getting everything situated for their weekend. While they were packing, Emma offered to take Elijah for a stroller ride down the street. "How do you think Elijah is gonna sleep when we're out on the road?" Karen asked Jimi. "I think he'll be fine. He loves being in the car and falls asleep right away" Jimi said. "I just hope he doesn't wake up the girls" Karen said. "Daisy and Penelopi can sleep through anything. If there was a tornado, they would still be asleep" Jimi said and Karen laughed.

Emma walked back in the door with Elijah in her arms. "Hey Em, how was your walk. "It was good. Elijah was laughing hysterically when the wind would blow in his face" Emma said with a giggle. "Aw, that's adorable" Karen said with a smile. "It was" Emma replied. "Do you have everything packed for the bus this weekend?" Jimi asked bringing some of their bags down. "Pretty much. I just have a few things left to pack and then I'm all set to leave tomorrow" Emma said. "Why don't you go finish up and bring your stuff down here so it is ready to go in the morning" Karen said. "Ok" Emma said and handed over Elijah.

It was around 5:00 that night and Karen decided to get started on dinner. Karen made some burgers and Jimi grilled them. While Jimi was grilling, Karen warmed up a bottle for Elijah and fed him. She was sitting on the couch on the deck watching Emma swing on the swings outside. This couldn't be any more perfect, Karen thought.

Jimi finished the burgers. Karen put Elijah in his play pen with some toys while they ate their dinner. After dinner Jimi and Emma cleaned up while Karen went inside to give Elijah a bath and get him ready for bed. They wanted to go to bed early tonight because they have to be up at 4:00 in the morning to meet the band at 5:00.

It was 8:00 and Elijah was already fast asleep in his crib. Emma was getting ready for bed. She climbed in bed and covered up. Karen and Jimi knocked on her door. "Come in" Emma said. They walked in and sat down on her bed. Karen was on one side and Jimi was on the other. "Are you all packed and ready to go?" Karen asked. "Yep" Emma said. "I'm excited to go back out on the road. I love going on tour with you" Emma said. "We love bringing you" Karen said and kissed her forehead. They sat there for a few minutes. "Get some sleep sweetie. We have an early start" Karen said. "Good night princess" Jimi said and kissed her forehead. "We love you" Karen said. "I love you too" Emma said back then Karen and Jimi walked over to their room.

They both climbed into bed. Karen was scrolling through Facebook. She noticed that there was one person that would comment a lot on their pictures and posts. In her opinion he was kinda creepy. She was reading the comments and was sort of offended. The comment was talking about the inappropriate things he would do to her, and it freaked her out "Jimi, look at this" Karen said and handed him her phone. "Why would anyone say that on Facebook, especially to someone they don't even know? That is disgusting" Jimi said in an angry voice. "Jimi, I'm kinda scared" Karen said and scooted closer to him. Jimi scrolled through some more comments and was getting angrier the more he read. "This is disgusting" Jimi said. "I'm gonna message him" Jimi said. "Jimi, don't get involved with this guy" Karen said worriedly. "Karen, he should not be saying things like this on a public page, there are kids who follow us on here" Jimi said. "And I just want to protect you" He said and leaned down and gave her a kiss. Jimi messaged the guy and asked him to stop posting comments like that. Then he went and reported all of the comments that he posted. He gave Karen back her phone and she closed out of Facebook and opened Twitter. She saw that she had a lot of messages on her personal account. She went to open them and they were almost all from the same guy from Facebook. She was hesitant to open them. She opened the first one and read it. After she did, she regretted it. "Oh my God" she whispered. "What? What is it?" Jimi asked. "Nothing" she replied, not wanting to get into the same conversation. She closed out of Twitter and plugged her phone in. She rolled back over to and put her head on Jimi's chest and he wrapped his arm around her and they went to sleep.