An Actual Family

It is Monday morning, the day after Emma's birthday, and Jimi and Karen woke up at their normal time. Karen walked over to Emma's room and sat down on her bed. Karen brushed the hair out of Emma's face and gave her a kiss on her forehead. She really didn't want to wake her up. Jimi was standing in the doorway taking in what he is seeing. He was admiring how good of a mother his wife is and how perfect their little family was.

Jimi went downstairs and made a pot of coffee and got breakfast started. Once he was done cooking it was about 7:00. He went back upstairs and found Karen laying down next to Emma. Emma was curled up next to Karen and they were both asleep. Jimi stood in the doorway and smiled. He didn't want to wake them up, so he quietly closed the door and went back downstairs and put the food he just made in the microwave to keep it warm. He then called Emma's school and said that she was not going to be there.

It was about 8:00 and Jimi went back upstairs to check on his wife and daughter. The two of them were still asleep so Jimi walked over to the bed and climbed in next to Karen and put his arm around her and drifted off. 8:45 rolled around and Karen woke up she lifted her head to find Jimi on one side of her with his arm draped around her and Emma on the other. Then she looked at the clock. "Shit" she said then she turned over and shook Jimi. "Jimi, what the hell? Why didn't you wake us up, now Emma is late." She said in an angry whisper. "Relax babe, I called Emma's school and told them that she wasn't going to be there today. I didn't want to wake you guys up, you looked so peaceful and I figured Emma could miss one day of school" Jimi said and gave her a kiss. "And I made breakfast" he said and Karen smiled. "Thank you" Karen said and gave him a kiss then Emma started to stir. "Well good morning sleepy head" Karen said. "What time is it?" Emma asked in a groggy voice. "Almost 9:00" Jimi said. "What?!" Emma said and jolted up. "Relax sweetie, you don't have to go to school today" Jimi said. "Why not?" Emma asked. "Well you looked so peaceful and I didn't want to wake you and your mom up" Jimi said. "So I just get to skip school?" Emma asked. "Yeah, you do" Jimi said and let out a small laugh and Emma laid back down. "You guys are the best parents ever" Emma said and Jimi and Karen smiled. "I'm hungry" Emma said. "I'd expect nothing less, there are pancakes downstairs" Jimi said. "Pancakes!" Emma said while getting out of bed and running downstairs and Karen and Jimi laughed and got out of Emma's bed and followed her down to the kitchen.

Jimi heated up the pancakes then served them on a plate for Emma. "Thanks daddy" Emma said. "You're welcome princess" Jimi said and smiled. "Emma, dad and I have to go to the studio today. Since you're not going to school you are going to have tag along with us or we can drop you off at Rebecca and Phillip's." Karen said. "Can I go to the recording studio?" Emma asked. "Sure" Karen said. "I get to see what a recording studio looks like" Emma said smiling. "Well, I'm glad you're excited" Karen said. The three of them finished eating breakfast and got ready to head to the studio.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Jimi pulled up to the studio. "This looks like someone's house" Emma said. "It used to be a long time ago" Karen said. "It's haunted" Jimi said. "Jimi! Don't tell her that!" Karen said and hit his arm. "What? It's haunted?" Emma asked. "No, no it's not" Karen said and shot Jimi a dirty look. "It is though" Jimi said. "Jimi, seriously" Karen said. "What? I'm not going to lie to our daughter" Jimi said while laughing. Then they all got out of the car. Karen walked in the studio with an angry face while Jimi and Emma followed. "Hey Emma! Why aren't you in school?" Kimberly asked. "Mom and Dad are letting me skip" Emma replied. Then Jimi walked in and Karen gave him a dirty look. Kimberly noticed. "What did Jimi do?" Kimberly asked. "He thought it was a good idea to tell Emma that the studio is haunted" Karen said. "Good going Jimi, you've pissed the woman off" Phillip laughed along with everyone else. Kimberly and Karen took Emma on the tour of the studio. "Is this place really haunted?" Emma asked worriedly. Karen and Kimberly looked at each other. "We don't know for sure" Karen said hesitantly. "But it's ok. We won't let anything bad happen to you" Karen said and gave her a hug. Then they went downstairs by the recording equipment. Jimi and Phillip were cutting guitar. Then it was time to cut vocals and Emma sat next to Wayne, the producer, and watched.