Happy Memories

"He's kicking again" Karen said and Emma gently set her hand on Karen's stomach to feel. "This is so cool" Emma said quietly in amazement. "He's going to be her soon" Emma said. "I can't wait" she added. "Neither can I" Karen said and smiled at her.

It is March 4th 2010 and Karen is due in seven days. Her and Emma were sitting together in the couch. Emma was curled up next to her with her head on her shoulder. Jimi was upstairs getting ready for the day. Jimi and Karen were going to head to the studio to meet Kimberly and Phillip and the rest of the band to get some more recording done before the baby comes.

Jimi walked downstairs. "Are you ready to go babe?" Jimi asked Karen. "Yep" Karen said. "What shoes do you want to wear?" Jimi asked her. "My black ones over there" Karen said pointing. Jimi walked over and grabbed them. Then he sat down on the floor and helped her put them on. "Soon I will be able to put my own shoes on" Karen said and Jimi laughed. When he was done he stood up and then reached his hand down to help Karen off the couch. "Thank you" Karen said. Then they heard a knock on the door and Jimi went to answer it. "Hey Maggie" Jimi said and let her in. "Hey Emma, ready to get started?" Maggie asked and Emma nodded in agreement. "Alright Em, we'll be back in a few hours. We love you" Karen said. "Love you too" Emma said and then they closed the door behind them and headed to the car. Jimi went to Karen's side and helped her get in, then he climbed in and they drove to the studio.

They arrived at the studio and got right to work. They started recording "Little White Church" then "Shut Up Train". Each time Jimi had a solo in a song the baby would kick like crazy and Karen would smile. They spent about five hours there, then Karen started to get tired. They decided to call it a day and they all went their separate ways.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Karen and Jimi arrived back home. It was about 3:30, Emma and Maggie were still working in the kitchen. Karen was exhausted, she went upstairs to lay down. Jimi helped her up the stairs and into their bedroom. Karen sat down on the bed and Jimi helped her take her shoes off. "Thanks babe" Karen said. "It's not a problem" Jimi said. "For everything" Karen added. Jimi gave her a confused look then she continued. "You have been so wonderful throughout this entire pregnancy. You helped me through my morning sickness, my mood swings. I don't even know how you put up with those." Karen said and giggled. "You dropped everything you were doing to go to the store because I had some weird craving. You have been unbelievably helpful with Emma and making dinner every night because I can barely stand on my feet for five minutes. You help me up the stairs and put my shoes on for me because I can't see, let alone reach my feet" then there was a long pause, but Jimi knew she had something else to say so he kept quiet. "You are the most amazing husband I could have ever asked for. I just don't know how I got so lucky" Karen added and smiled at Jimi. "I did all those things because I love you, more than life itself. I love doing things for you that make you happy. If you would ask me to go to China for you, I would, just to see that beautiful smile on your face" Jimi said then grabbed her hand that was resting in her lap. Karen had a few tears that were brimming her eyelids. When they started to fall, Jimi lifted his other hand to her face and wiped them away with his thumb. "I love you, you know that" Karen said. "I had a feeling you did" Jimi said and the two of them laughed, then leaned in for a kiss.

Karen laid down on the bed and Jimi helped her cover up. "I'm gonna head downstairs and see how Emma is doing then start dinner. What would you like me to make?" Jimi asked. "Spaghetti sounds really good" Karen said. "Alright, spaghetti it is" Jimi said with a smile. He leaned down and kissed her. Then he went downstairs.