Elijah's First Christmas

It is now December of 2010. This will be Elijah's first Christmas and everyone was very excited. Emma has been seeing Jake a lot as well. He has been over to the Westbrook house a few times. Jimi is starting to warm up to the idea of his little girl dating. He actually kind of likes Jake. Elijah has been crawling like crazy and he just recently started pulling himself up walking along tables and chairs.

Karen just got back from dropping Emma off at the mall to hang out with Jake. Karen wanted to get a head start on wrapping the gifts so she went upstairs to get started. Jimi hung out downstairs with Elijah and had on Sesame Street. Elijah propped himself up on the table and was bouncing and laughing at the TV.

Karen finished up her wrapping for the day and put the presents away that she finished. Then she went downstairs by Jimi and Elijah. Jimi was sitting on the couch and Karen sat down next to him. "Oh, I think I've seen this one" Karen said in reference to the episode of Sesame Street. "Clearly we watch way to many kids shows" Jimi said with a chuckle. "Apparently" Karen responded.

As Elijah was watching the TV he let go of the table and was standing independently. "Jimi look" Karen said excitedly. "Good job little man!" Jimi said. Just as Jimi said that Elijah fell flat on his butt. Jimi and Karen laughed. Then Karen reached down and picked him up and set him between her and Jimi and continued to watch the show.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

At the mall Emma and Jake were walking around. Emma bought a few things for herself and her parents for Christmas. Before they called it a day, they went to the food court to get a late lunch since it was almost 3:00.

"What do you want for Christmas?" Jake asked her. "You don't have to get me anything" Emma responded. "I want to. So what do you want?" He asked again. "I don't know. I have everything I have ever wanted. I can't think of anything that would make me happier than I already am" Emma replied. "Well I guess I'll have to get you something really good then" Jake said and Emma giggled. They talked for a little while.

"What time is your mom coming?" Jake asked. "4:00. What time is it now?" Emma responded. "It's almost 4:00" Jake said. "Aww, I was having fun" Emma said. "Me too" Jake said. They picked up their garbage and threw it away and walked towards the doors. They were standing in the doorway and they saw Karen pull up. "I had fun today" Emma said. "Me too" Jake replied. Just as Emma was going to walk out, Jake grabbed her hand. Emma turned around to face him. He leaned in and kissed her. After they pulled apart, they smiled at each other. "Bye" Emma said quietly with a smile. "Bye" Jake said as she walked out the door.

Emma had the biggest smile on her face as she climbed in the car. She had just had her first kiss. "What are you so happy about?" Karen asked. "Jake kissed me" Emma said. "Awww really. That's so cute" Karen said. Emma's cheeks started to get all rosy. "I wish I could have been there to take a picture" Karen said with a laugh. "Really mom" Emma said and Karen laughed.

........................................................................................................................................................................................

Karen and Emma arrived back home and walked inside. Jimi was asleep on the couch with Elijah sleeping on his chest. "That is picture worthy" Karen said and pulled out her phone and snapped a picture. She put her phone down "Do you want to make a batch of cookies before I make dinner?" Karen asked. "Yes!" Emma said excitedly.

Karen and Emma went into the kitchen and pulled out everything they would need to make the cookies. Emma poured the ingredients into the bowl as Karen mixed them up. As soon as Karen started up the mixer, Jimi jumped and he startled Elijah, but he was still asleep. "What are you two doing?" Jimi asked. "Making cookies" Emma replied.