Who's Zoomin' Who?

Chapter Nine: Who's Zoomin' Who?

"Patient present with abdominal pain and blood in his urine. Once his work-up came back unrevealing, the urologist suggested a cystoscopy." Karev said as Burke has me use a scope to get a better look at the patient, the man's pregnant wife standing by his head.

"Reason?" Burke looked to me for an answer.

"To get a look inside the bladder." I answered without taking my eyes off the monitor. 

"I appreciate you doing this, Preston." The patient, Bill, thanked the attending. "I know this is a little out of your field."

"It's not a problem." Burke assured him. "It gives my interns something to do."

"I have a feeling you keep them plenty busy." Bill gave a small chuckle. "We were in the same frat at Tulane. He's gone from torturing pledges to torturing interns. Am I right?"

"Be very careful how you two answer that." Burke warned Karev and I.

"I could tell some stories." Bill smirked.

"Bill, you have a camera snaking up your mojo." Burke reminded him before he could continue down memory lane. "It's not the time to cross me."

"It isn't anything too serious?" Bill's wife, Holly, asked.

"That's what this procedure will tell us." Burke told her. "You don't worry about anything but growing my godson in there."

"He kicks like you wouldn't believe." She informed him.

"Badass, just like his father." Burke said before looking at me. "Move a little to the right. Your other right. There."

"What do you see? What is it?" Bill asked him.

"Could be any number of things." Burke shook his head. "Watley, take a biopsy of the mass. Dr. Karev, schedule a CT. Let's not worry until we have to."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"So, he's just gaining weight?" I raised a brow at Izzie as I walked with her to the hematology lab, not having much else to do until either Burke paged me of the results came in for the biopsy.

"Something's wrong with him." Izzie shook her head before handing the blood sample over to the man at the counter. "Franklin, Jordan. I need these back asap."

"Shocker." They guy rolled his eyes as Izzie and I spotted George.

"Hey, what did you get, something good?" Izzie asked him, taking the lab results from him before he could argue. "Syphilis?"

"That's not surgical." I pointed out.

"Who has syphilis?" Izzie asked him. George only frowned before he grabbed each of us by the arm, leading us into an empty room near us, closing the door and all the blinds so no one could see us inside. "You have syphilis?"

"I don't know how this happened." George shook his head.

"Sure you do, George." I smirked at him.

"God, Olivia must really be getting around." Izzie commented.

"Olivia? She's not like that." George defended the red headed nurse. 

"It's a new millennium, George." Izzie told him. "The only people who aren't like that are the amish, Bethany, and, apparently, you."