Invasion

Chapter Fifty-Six: Invasion

"Shoot me." I muttered as I looked around at all the Mercy West residents that were filling the locker room, dressed in ugly orange scrubs. Today was the first day since the merger had gone through, the first day of Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital.

"You're overreacting." Izzie rolled her eyes before glancing over her shoulder, her smile dropping instantly. I followed her gaze and felt a frown fill my lips, seeing one of the Mercy West girls putting her things in George's cubby. "Oh, hey, you can't put your stuff there."

"Oh, they told us to grab a cubby." The woman told us.

"Yeah, I know. It's just..." Izzie sighed.

"We keep it empty for a reason." I finished for my friend as I rested a hand on her shoulder. "Can you just take your stuff out?"

"There are some empty ones over there you can use." Izzie gestured to the empty cubbies on the other side of the room.

"I don't think so." The woman shook her head before turning her back to us.

"We said take it out." Izzie repeated, her voice hard.

"Great. I got the crazy ones next to me." The woman groaned, her friend smiling in amusement.

"Oh, you want to fight?" Izzie asked as she and I both rose to our feet. "'Cause I will."

"Izzie. Iz." Alex called his wife's name as he came into the room, hurrying over to us.

"I will fight you. You're pretty tiny." Izzie threatened, ignoring Alex. "I could take you down in just a couple of seconds."

"Come on. Come on." Alex grabbed Izzie by the shoulders, dragging her away from the Mercy West residents as a couple of her friends, two guys, came over to stand behind her. The four of them just laughed as Alex dragged Izzie out, amused by what had just happened.

"Hey." I narrowed my eyes at the four, making them look back at me, smirks playing on their lips. "Show some respect, or do they not teach you that at Mercy West? If you want any chance of making friends here, more your shit."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I leaned against the wall with Alex as we all stood around Meredith's hospital room, watching the Mercy West transfers as they worked out in the hallway, all adorning their orange scrubs. My lips were pursed into a thin line, still upset about what had happened earlier this morning. How that woman had taken George's cubby.

"They're locusts- comfortable locusts, feeing on our surgeries." Meredith said.

"It's rude." Izzie shook her head. "There should be at least a couple of days where they act like guests before they put their feet up on the coffee table."

"And what's with the orange scrubs?" Lexie asked. "What, ours aren't good enough for them?"

"We ran out. They're on back order." Meredith informed us. "Randall from the supply company says there'll be here in a week. That's what you learn when you lie here all day."

"Why bother ordering new ones?" Bumpus scowled. "We could just give these to our replacements."

"We're not gonna be replaced by anybody." Alex shook his head.

"If I have to become a coroner..." Lexie's friend, Steve, shook his head.

"No one is becoming a coroner." I assured him.

"Cristina, tell him." Meredith backed me up.

"Tell him what? They're here. It's over." Cristina shrugged.