Damage Case

Chapter Twenty-Five: Damage Case

"So, George moved back in." Lucas pointed out the obvious as we both got dressed for work, Joel down in the kitchen having breakfast.

"He did." I nodded. Last night Joel, Lucas, and I had been having dinner with Izzie when George had shown up with Callie, informing all of us that he was moving back in and that Callie was moving in with him, the two having begun to date since Burke had kicked him out of his apartment the other week. "And?"

"And, nothing." He shook his head as he sat down next to me on the end of the bed as I pulled on my shoes. "I mean, it's just a little crowded here, isn't it? Six people in one house, that's just a lot of people for this much space."

"I feel like you're trying to get to something." I pursed my lips as I looked at him, trying to figure out what he was thinking.

"Look, I know that we've only been dating for a few months, but I've been thinking. I have an apartment right now, but it's small, just a one bedroom." He told me. "But, I found another one that's just across the street from the hospital, making it close to both our works, and it's close to Joel's school. There are two bedrooms and plenty of space."

"Are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?" I asked.

"Maybe," he smiled, taking one of my hands into his.

"No, you have to say it." I shook my head. "You have to say it so I know that this isn't just some hallucination or something. You need to say it so I know that this is actually happening."

"Fine, Bethany, I want you and I to get an apartment together." He said. "I want us to get an apartment together so you, Joel, and I can all live together."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"All I'm saying, George, is if she needs to pee, she could at least wear a bra." Izzie told George as the three of us headed towards the ER doors later that morning, wearing our bright yellow trauma gowns. "Or maybe wait till she's alone. And for the love of everything sanitary, could she just wash her hands? She's a surgeon."

"You said yourself you guys were blocking the sink." George pointed out. "Anyway, I think you're exaggerating."

"She peed. Naked peeing." Izzie shook her head as we walked outside, joining the others in the wait for the ambulances. "Ask Meredith. Oh, that's right, I forgot. You're not talking to her. If you were, she would tell you that Callie crosses the line. So across the line. It's so freakin' crossed."

"Oh! We're still pretending that you're not seeing a patient, right?" Alex scoffed.

"People, what's with all the evil misery, huh?" Cristina smiled as she wrapped an arm around Izzie and Alex. "Live and let live."

"You're cheerful." George touched her cheek in surprise.

"Did she hit her head?" I asked Meredith but she only shook her head.

"How's that possible?" Izzie frowned.

"I scrubbed in on a four hour paraesophageal hernia last night, then I got laid, and now three ambulances are coming in full of bloody broken car crash victims, all who need to be cut open." Cristina grinned widely at her own words. "So I'm cheerful. I'm cheerful...I'm cheerful! Sorry, sir."

"Hey." Meredith greeted Derek as he walked past us, looking like he had Cristina's usual attitude.

"How's my dog?" He asked her.

"Must better." Meredith told him. "Finn's running tests."

"Good." Derek nodded.

"Our dog." Meredith corrected him as he walked away.