Forever Young

Chapter Forty-Two: Forever Young

"You look like you're gonna hurl." Alex told me as we sat around the resident's locker room with the rest of the residents, waiting for Bailey to come and talk to us since she'd been appointed as the new chief resident, replacing Callie.

"I've just got a lot going on tonight." I told him, giving a small shrug. My stomach felt as though it were in knots as I thought about everything that was going to happen once I got off work tonight.

"I'm sure you'll be fine." Izzie told me from where she sat on another bench.

"And please, spare me the chick gossip tomorrow. I really don't want to hear about what you and Lucas do when you're alone." Alex shook his head. At his words it felt as though the knots in my stomach were becoming tighter. Though it'd been weeks since I had told Lucas about Mark and I's kiss, I had yet to tell my friends about the aftermath of what happened. As far as they all knew, Lucas had came back and we'd worked things out. I wasn't surprised Alex thought Lucas and I were having a date night tonight when in reality Lucas was coming by the apartment to collect the rest of his things.

"All right, listen up." Bailey got everyone's attention as she walked into the room. "I have nothing but respect for the job done by Dr. Torres, but things are gonna be different from here on in. This will be a professional environment. So your love lives, your hopes and dreams, the little joys and tragedies that make you who you are have no place in my hospital. The locker room is for changing, not for crying. The on call room is for napping, not for anything that requires a locked door. Stevens, did you hear a word I said? Grow up, I believe, is my point."

"Are you really this nervous about a date night with Lucas?" Meredith asked me once Bailey was gone, Cristina trailing after her, likely to make sure she was on Hahn's service this week.

"Yeah, aren't you two good again?" Alex raised a brow at me.

"Good again?" Izzie frowned at Alex's question, as did Meredith. "Wait, when were you and Lucas not good?"

"We're fine." I assured all of them, lying through my teeth as I chose to ignore Izzie's question.

"Wait, are you guys going to..." Izzie trailed off, her eyes widening. She didn't have to finish her question for all of us to know what she was going to ask, if Lucas and I were going to have sex tonight.

"I'm not going to answer that." I shook my head. "And, if we were, I'd probably be a lot more nervous. I mean, what if he expected me to be experienced?"

"He won't think that, trust me." Alex interjected.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I crossed my arms as Izzie, Meredith, and I all eyed him.

"It's just that you don't have that... slutty look to you." Alex shrugged. "There are some girls that you look at and can tell that they're just there for the sex, money, or something like that, and then there are girls that you can tell don't look at things like that. Those are the ones that people usually avoid in bars, except for Lucas apparently."

"Wait, we've both picked guys up in bars." Meredith gestured between Izzie and herself. "Are you calling us sluts?"

"If the thong fits." Alex smirked at them before he got up, leaving the locker room.

"Why did you go out with him again?" Meredith asked Izzie.

"I don't know." She shook her head.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"What do we got?" Derek asked later that morning as he joined some us down in the ER, all of us having been paged for the incoming trauma.