Into You Like a Train

Chapter Fourteen: Into You Like a Train

"When you tell someone I'll meet you later at a bar tonight, how long exactly does that mean you're supposed to wait?" Cristina asked as she, George, Izzie, and I all sat in the back of Joe's bar, playing darts while also watching Meredith sit at the bar, waiting for Derek. Waiting to see if he would pick her over Addison.

"Do you think he's really not coming?" George asked as he took his turn with the darts.

"It is getting a little hard to watch." Izzie glanced over at the bar again. 

"It was hard to watch an hour ago." Cristina shook her head. "Not it's just pathetic."

"Remind me to never go to you when I'm having relationship problems." I told her. 

"Don't you need a relationship to have relationship problems?" She pointed out. 

"Who's pathetic?" Meredith slammed her fist on the bar as she looked over at us.

"What?" Cristina frowned.

"You who pretend to be my friends are calling me pathetic behind my back in front of my face." Meredith accused us, clearly drunk. "Why don't you just dump the pig's blood on me now and get it over with?"

"She's drunk." I stated the obvious as my pager went off, as did everyone elses.

"Joe, turn up the tv!" Someone yelled. 

"Nine-one-one?" Cristina frowned at her pager.

"We just worked a thirty hour shift." Izzie shook her head. 

"I don't have any clean underwear." George realized.

"Looks like I'm not seeing Joel when he wakes up in the morning." I sighed, grabbing my jacket and purse before I headed towards the door with them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I think I saw a pneumothorax. I hope I get a pneumothorax." Cristina said once we were all back at the hospital, dressed in our scrubs and heading towards the ER. I grabbed one of the yellow trauma gowns for myself and pulled it on. As George tied the back for me I spotted a dressed up Bailey heading towards us, in a dress and heels as she grabbed a trauma gown for herself. 

"Wow." George whispered, his eyes wide when he saw her.

"What are you looking at?" Bailey asked us. 

"Is that a dress?" Cristina muttered.

"Nothing." Izzie shook her head, quickly looking away from the older resident. 

"Hey, you, go get me my damn shoes." Bailey told Alex as she handed him her purse and shaw. "Let's move people."

"Hello." Meredith smiled at Bailey. "I seem to be a little bit drunk. I was off duty."

"So was I. Anybody else half in the bottle?" Bailey looked around at the rest of us but we all shook our heads. "All right, then. Grey, just stay out of the way. I'll deal with you later. The rest of you stick with me and wait for your assignments. I know you get all a-quiver at the sight of blood and organs, but it's gonna be a long night and you're already tired. I don't want any mistakes. Come on now!"

"I'm so not tired anymore." Cristina grinned as we all stepped into the ER, seeing people being pushed into on stretchers, blood seeming to be everywhere we looked.